Applying for Selective high school. Any advice (1 Viewer)

parasdeep1807

HSC
Hi guys. I am currently in year 10 and really want to leave my current school.
I have applied for three selective school and just wanted an opinion if you guys believe i have any chances.
I have applied for Girraween (test), Baulkham Hills and Penrith.
I achieved all A's in year 9 yearly report and 7 a's and 1 b- English :( in year 10 half yearly report.
I also play sport (soccer) for club division 1. I am involved in a dance academy and teach little kids. Other than that i have no leadership experience.
I achieved a distinction in AMC in year 8 and credit in year 9.
I also do peer tutoring at my current school by helping year 7 every morning before school.
That is all the extra curricular activities i have.
I also have my Girraween test coming up this Saturday (13th August) so any tips for that.
Thank you in advance so much.

parasdeep1807

HSC
Yeah. I already applied 2 weeks ago.
I didn't think that i would be able to make it to SBHS so i didnt apply.
So do you think i have a chance for Baulko?

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
probs not brother. I am only saying this is because it is really hard for students to go to other schools in year 10. My friend applied for SBHS a few months ago and has not gotten a interview. He's gotten straight As for the past 2 years, made it to CHS Tennis and CHS swimming but still didn't get a place in SBHS. IDK about Baulko but all I know is that it should be harder to enrol than SBHS. Anyways good luck man. (also we are both in a top 50 school)
Prob bc Sydney boys didn't have any spots available

parasdeep1807

HSC
probs not brother. I am only saying this is because it is really hard for students to go to other schools in year 10. My friend applied for SBHS a few months ago and has not gotten a interview. He's gotten straight As for the past 2 years, made it to CHS Tennis and CHS swimming but still didn't get a place in SBHS. IDK about Baulko but all I know is that it should be harder to enrol than SBHS. Anyways good luck man. (also we are both in a top 50 school)
Thanks. I am just hoping i somehow manage to get in with luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)