-chemistry
-legal studies
-modern history
-ancient history

reserves
-geography
-economics
-investigating science

Is this a weird combination?? What if i dont get my subjects. I swear to god if i dont get at least one history ill dropkick my principal.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
There's nothing such as a weird combination. It's very likely you will get your subjects though.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems alright. What atar aiming for and what are you planning to do afterschool.

lydiaodehh

HSC
Seems alright. What atar aiming for and what are you planning to do after school.
I want 90+, i know ill have to do good especially in history coz apparently the scaling is meh
i wanna do either
-law and arts
-law and geoscience (its weird)
-art and geoscience

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Overall a nice combo, but just as a heads up, ancient + mod + legal = HEAPS of content, so make sure to be organised in order to leave sufficient time for eng, maths and chem :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I want 90+, i know ill have to do good especially in history coz apparently the scaling is meh
i wanna do either
-law and arts
-law and geoscience (its weird)
-art and geoscience
Modern has decent scaling. Ancient not really.

DemonDavis_

HSC
Chemistry for year 11 is hard but once you get past it year 12 is a breeze, provided you stay on top of it all you'll do well. Doing more humanities is good as there is more notes online but its all a matter of what you're good at.

Also, Investigating is kinda a mess as its a new course apparently it kinda sucks but its hard to tell until this years HSC goes through

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
I picked the following subjects for next year
-advanced english
-advanced maths
-chemistry
-legal studies
-modern history
-ancient history

reserves
-geography
-economics
-investigating science

Is this a weird combination?? What if i dont get my subjects. I swear to god if i dont get at least one history ill dropkick my principal.
Good subjects for what you are striving for. But is both ancient and modern necessary? Why not pick one?

lydiaodehh

HSC
Good subjects for what you are striving for. But is both ancient and modern necessary? Why not pick one?
i dont know which one i like more. Generally i enjoy ancient more but the content is boring as shit and the modern syllabus looks so good. Im definitely going to pick up history extension. Ive been thinking that during the first few weeks next year if i rlly dont like it i would drop ancient and change to geo or eco. Thoughts??

MinnieMinnie

HSC
i dont know which one i like more. Generally i enjoy ancient more but the content is boring as shit and the modern syllabus looks so good. Im definitely going to pick up history extension. Ive been thinking that during the first few weeks next year if i rlly dont like it i would drop ancient and change to geo or eco. Thoughts??
apparently the year 11 content for ancient sucks but apparently the year 12 ones really engaging for ancient
if you want to do economics make sure to do all your homework read through the textbooks and ask how to answer essay questions
For geo i have a lot of friends dropping
FOR CHEM practicing again and again is key.
MATHS complete alll your homework always stay in pace, becuase if you slack of once itll be really regretful and you wont be able to stay on tracck like half of my grade we took maths too easily

but everybody has their own preferences what they do well in etc
So DO whatever your comfortable with and interested bbecuase if your interested you'll actually be bothered to do it

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I picked the following subjects for next year
-advanced english
-advanced maths
-chemistry
-legal studies
-modern history
-ancient history

reserves
-geography
-economics
-investigating science

It's a good combination of subjects, good luck ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)