Are you allowed to say lhs=rhs? (1 Viewer)

Studymates

HSC
What happens if due to the time restrictions i was not able to finish multiple questions so i rushed through the whole paper doing only like 1/2 the working and all of a sudden said therefore LHS=RHS Q.E.D? would they get pissed off at me if i constantly kept on doing that coz i was tryna rush through the paper?

Chambalam

HSC
What happens if due to the time restrictions i was not able to finish multiple questions so i rushed through the whole paper doing only like 1/2 the working and all of a sudden said therefore LHS=RHS Q.E.D? would they get pissed off at me if i constantly kept on doing that coz i was tryna rush through the paper?
When they do pilot marking, they'll build a marking criteria - which will award marks for particular steps.

E.G. Prove Sinx / (1 - Cosx) = (1 + Cosx) / Sinx

If you went

LHS = Sinx(1 + Cosx) / (1 - Cosx)(1 + Cosx) = Sinx(1 + Cosx) / (1 - Cos^2(x))
LHS = RHS

Like that, and say it was worth 2 marks - if in their marking criteria that awarded a mark for using the fundamental identity transformation, you would only get 1/2. So they're looking for little bits of knowledge application.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you do: LHS = RHS, your final line before LHS = RHS has to be LHS = expression, where the expression is the RHS. The final step you do should be substituting 'RHS' for the expression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)