Are you allowed to start a language in Y12? (1 Viewer)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I speak 2 languages and difficulty is not going to be a problem, can I enroll in a language course without doing it in Y11?

MONONYMOUS

HSC
It might be difficult to do that because even though you could be fluent in the language, the teachers may still question your capabilities and also the fact that you didn't do the preliminary course might hinder your chance. But, if I was you, I'd talk to the principal, language coordinator at your school and Saturday School of Languages (if you're doing it through there) to try and make it happen. The sooner you do this, the greater chance you have of being able to do the course.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Could do it through TAFE or potentially a Saturday language school.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
It might be difficult to do that because even though you could be fluent in the language, the teachers may still question your capabilities and also the fact that you didn't do the preliminary course might hinder your chance. But, if I was you, I'd talk to the principal, language coordinator at your school and Saturday School of Languages (if you're doing it through there) to try and make it happen. The sooner you do this, the greater chance you have of being able to do the course.
The reason I thought that this would be ok is because we recently had a new student come to our school and she was allowed to change all her 11 subjects to whatever she wanted although she chose the same because it would be harder for her, in my case a language would get me a cheeky band 6 my ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)