Are you an organ donor? (1 Viewer)

leah1987

HSC
Hi everyone. For my pip im doing organ donation and the implications on society. I was wondering if anyone had opinions or would like to answer the following questions 2 help me out with my primary resaech.

1. Are you an organ donor?
2. Have you ever donated blood?
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not?
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate?
5. Any other beliefs, values, ideas.
6. Do you agrree with the following statement?
" Once your deceased you do not need them anymore so why be selfish and keep them?"

Thanks everyone and happy holidays
Leah

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
1. Are you an organ donor? yes
2. Have you ever donated blood? yes
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? yes, because everyone is like 'no, i dont want to give my organs up for someone else' but then if they or someone close to them needed a transplant, they would kick up a stink if organs weren't available.
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate? I don't know if I'm meant to answer this, but yes, I would
5. Any other beliefs, values, ideas. No
" Once your deceased you do not need them anymore so why be selfish and keep them?"
Yes

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
yes
yes
no, too messy, to many religious implications, not worth the trouble
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate?
as before i am an organ donor, so yep no probs as long as it is compatible and i don't need 4 myself
no religious beliefs, values, ideas. only things i believe in are chance and science
6. Do you agrree with the following statement?" Once your deceased you do not need them anymore so why be selfish and keep them?"
totally agree

no probs glad to be able to help

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
1. no
2. no - i haven't refused to donate as such, its just not something that i think about doing, if a nurse came with a syringe i'd donate for sure.
3. no - yes one human can save around 20 lives and really, once u are actually dead, u don't really care (cause u can't) wat happens to your body. However i don't think it should be made compulsory, its too unethical to force someone to have themselves chopped up and all their parts removed, not to mention it is against several religions.
4. no - i'd donate to family though
5. not really, its depressing having to think about it
6. no - who has the divine authority (not to mention unatainable wisdom) to state that

happy holidays - no
13 weeks of uni :p

Abbeygale

HSC
1. Are you an organ donor? Well, I still have all my organs, so not currently. But it is marked on my license that in the exceptionally rare circumstances that I become eligible to donate, my organs will be taken.

Aye. In fact, I got my fifth donation badge a few weeks ago.

Of course not. If people have decided not to be donors, they have done so for reasons of their own, and forcing them to do so against their will, or the will of their family, would be unethical.

Perhaps you should reword this question. It's confusing as to who is supposed to answer it- is it only for people who said no to Q1? Also, 'family member' would be more logical than 'friend', since the odds of a person being able to donate an organ to a friend are very low.

Not really

I agree with it, but it should be pointed out that as a pro-organ donation argument, it's exceptionally badly worded. Using it to try to convince someone to sign up for organ donation wouldn't work, because calling them selfish puts them on the defensive. I've always liked those bumper stickers with 'Don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here.'

Jaydels

HSC
No. But my license says donor A

Yes, on several occasions

No, if people don't believe in it, that's their choice.

If I was a suitable donor, I wouldn't hesitate for a second

nope not really

I totally agree

ashleejoanne

HSC
2. Have you ever donated blood? no, i would faint :)
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? yes but it would never happen because too many people are selfish
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate? yes, if i dont need it
5. Any other beliefs, values, ideas. I was thinking, would people just put that they are a donor on their licences to not look like they are selfish but they really dont want to donate?
6. Do you agree with the following statement?
yes, i mean what exactly do you propose we do with them?

BTW Leah I sent in a thing the other day to be put on the Organ Donor Register!!! Your PIP was my inspiration!! I decided seeing i hate blood i would do that. I dont feel so guilty for not giving blood now :)

Talk to you soon :)
Ashlee

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
1. Are you an organ donor? i will be
2. Have you ever donated blood? i'm not old enough. but when i am, i will.
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? only when it's necessary. there are enough generous people at the moment, and we can only hope the number will increase :p
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate? of course
5. Any other beliefs, values, ideas. we shouldn't be forced to help others. we do good deeds at our free will
exactly! contribute to scientific research! (or someone else who needs an eye)

roadcone

HSC
2. Have you ever donated blood? yes
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? I don't think it should be made compulsory because at the end of the day there are people who have serious objections to the thought of their organs being used in another person, however I think that there should be a campaign for greater awareness to increase participation numbers of organ doners

Definately, that is pretty much the reason behind why I want to donate my organs. I figure that someone else may as well get something out of something I don't need anymore

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
1. Are you an organ donor? Yep
2. Have you ever donated blood? No, but i do plan to
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? No, because people have their own beliefs in regards to that. It's their body, so they should decide what they want to do with it i guess.... that's everyone's right.
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate? Yeh sure.
" Once your deceased you do not need them anymore so why be selfish and keep them?" I wouldn't call it selfishness as such... coz there's many reasons why people don't donate. My theory is if i'm not going to use them anymore, someone else may make some use out of it and have a beneficial life.

mishka

HSC
N/A
1. Are you an organ donor? Yes
2. Have you ever donated blood? No, but I intend to
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? Yes, because it saves lives
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate? N/A
5. Any other beliefs, values, ideas. The only limitation I can see is if someone's religion forbids them to donate their organs. Other than that, I can't see why someone would want to potentially save lives
Yes, because as I said, why wouldn't you want to bring the gift of life back to someone who really needs it?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
2. Have you ever donated blood?yes
3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not?yes, because there are so many people who need organs with rare blood types and a lot of people don't think to become organ donors or have family that in distress from the death refuse to let them be donated.
4. If did not believe in organ donation but a close friend needed one, would you be willing to donate?of course
5. Any other beliefs, values, ideas. no
yes

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
1. Are you an organ donor? YES

2. Have you ever donated blood? YES

3. Do you think organ donation should be made compulsory? Why/ why not? NO, I THINK ITS A PERSONAL CHOICE, SOME PEOPLE DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH IT.

NO, NOT REALLY, ITS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
1. My mum made me...I only donate eyes, though.
2. No.
3. No, some people have diseases.
4. Yes.
5. Nah, it's all good. If you got it, flaunt it.
6. You must always be wary of other people's beliefs, therefore...some people do need them

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
leah1987 said:
Hi everyone. For my pip im doing organ donation and the implications on society. I was wondering if anyone had opinions or would like to answer the following questions 2 help me out with my primary resaech.

Thanks everyone and happy holidays
Leah
1) Yes.
2) No. I will be this term, though. I'm going to organise for my whole grade to.
3) Only if you're dead. You don't need them when you're dead.
4) Yes.
5) No.
6) Yes. Except you made a grammatical error. It should be 'you're'. Once you are deceased, not once your deceased. You don't own the deceased.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC

Heavens, No. All six of my spleens are mine!

Heavens, No. I need my Haemoglobin.

Yes. Except for me. I might need organs one day.

Close friends? What are these close friends?

Yes. Many.

No. Yes. What was the question again?

sevenpuddings

HSC
1. Yes
2. No but i want to
3. No, its a personal choice that one makes, and no one else should have an influence on that choice.
4. Yes
5. ?

Yes, if my eyes (or the stuff that helps people see... i dont know exactly, i dont do science) if they could help someone else see the beauty of this world, i'd want them to.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
1. no
2. no..but i will get around to it
3. no! you can't force someone to do that! it's their choice whether they want to or not..
4. yeh i would actually..
5. nope..
6. no! i understand that statement..but i don't think it's fair at all!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)