ARGH COLES-MYER. WHEN do they process there pays? (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
DAMN THEM TO FIERY PITS OF TOWN HALL STATION TOILETS!!!

Looked on Netbank this morning to find zip in there, which is good because it's not like I have debits come out from various other people wanting money today... [/sarcastic] Is it because the poor dears in payroll have had two public holidays Fri/Mon that they couldn't possibly have made arrangements to make sure people would be PAID for the Wednesday?

Parent of mine who has worked for decades in payroll says it's inexcusable, that if Wednesday means 'Wednesday' it means Wednesday, come rain, hail or nuclear holocaust.

It's not the first time it's happened, and usually means the next day, usually fine with me except I'm sort of in a precarious financial situation at the moment.

So anyway - does any one know exactly what CML do with these mega huge Public Holiday situations? And why?

Disgruntled Target employee who is NOT "100% Happy",
chepas. :mad:

Edit: Rang work 9am on the dot "Yeah it's the day after." "Why?" "Cos'the public holiday" "That's stupid" "Yeah I know. What bank ya with? If you say Commonwealth they're one of the slowest and worst"....

I'm with the Commonwealth.

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hahahaa sammmeee

i had that thought too, maybe 2moro as monday was a public holiday hopefully :(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeh this happened to me last public holiday, so i called and *gasp* asked where my money was and apparently they always do it a day late when there's been a public holiday

so you should get paid tomorrow or at the latest friday (since there was technically a 4 day weekend or whatever)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
that would really suck . we always got paid on time. if xmas or something was on a weds then we got paid on the tuesday same for any other public holiday

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i got paid, but ima Woolworths (although, i didnt get paid as much as i thought hmpf)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
what pisses me off is that the banks give you your money a day or two after you actually get paid. Cheaparses, I want my money now!!! (i was paid TODAY but still no money showin in my account)

waterfowl

HSC
I'm at Myer. This week isn't pay week, but generally if they are going to pay us late due to public holdays they tell us weeks in advance. I think they actually already told us dates when this would be happening all year, in January - plenty of notice.

chepas

HSC
spin spin said:
hmmm we were all warned at work that our pay would go in a day late *shrug*
Mmm at least you were warned hehe! This way we get a nice surprise goi

Mmmm... So looks like I am praying for tomorrow then.

Danoz The Great

HSC
spin spin sugar said:
hmmm we were all warned at work that our pay would go in a day late *shrug*
Yeah, same. It gets put on the noticeboard too.

chepas

HSC
Warnings of this on noticeboards?

Geez, of the forteen billion noticeboards around the tea room where I am, you'd think there'd be one square centimetre amongst all small forest OH&S warnings/advice where they could put a notice up saying "Be on your guard! Your money comes on THURSDAY this week."

I got it this morning though.... problems solved hehe :D. But still :mad:.

Carlito

HSC
Every time a public holiday falls on a Monday or Tuesday, you don't get paid until Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Your money should of arrived this morning. Mine did.

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
the pay goes out on sundays, the banks process it on mondays and will get 2 your account by wednesday, but if there is a public hol everything is pushed back a day so therefore u get paid on thursday.
didnt they tell u that when u started?
it is annoying but its also good cuz it means im cashed on 4 late nite shopping 2day :)

*ashlea*

HSC
yeah i work at coles 2.. its so bad cos public holidays clearly come with the biggest paychech which we PLAN TO SPEND asap... it usually comes out thursdy... tho its usually sposed 2 be out on tuesday, but doesnt actually show up til late tuesday night or early wednesday morning...
grrr.... we dont get notice at my coles either

chepas

HSC
Newbie said:
isnt payweek nextweek?
Payweek is everyweek for us Targé folk... :p.

Re: Did they tell me when I started that pub. hols etc make pay go late? No. They told me nothing. Nada.

Good that we have communication in good ole CML....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)