Aria's 2003 (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

Did anyone watch the aria' awards tonight?
What did you think of it ?

Aaron1911

I think that one person winning so many awards hurts the integrity of the Arias. It's nothing but a bloody popularity contest. Sif I care if Delta Goodfornuthin' has cancer - does it make her music any better?. How about we declare her as a national hero?Lame.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sympathy has no place at an awards show, unless you are in the USA... Once you think about it... Well, with all the bloody fast food stores that are emerging, you have to wonder whether we are in Australia or not.

Foong

I think its pretty stupid that delta can get multiple nominations for the same category. This is becoming like the music awards in US, where eminem scoops it all... this time delta scoops it all..... sheesh... i'm beginning to think music award are becoming more and more ridiculous..... all the awards go to the "popular" artist who are in the pop culture dedicated to the majority. Mind giving awards to REALLY TALENTED artists that don't get so much recognition in the pop culture?

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Are you saying that Delta isn't really talented? Nah, I just think that this year is her year - not just because of her cancer, but because she was considered a really talented singer BEFORE she was diagnosed with hodgkin's disease.
But I agree also with what you're saying about other talented, yet unrecognised, in terms of winning Arias, singers out there such as Amiel and Bec Cartwright etc. Are you suggesting that we should have a runner's up award? I mean, getting nominated in the first place is still a huge honor! ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Aaron1911
I think that one person winning so many awards hurts the integrity of the Arias. It's nothing but a bloody popularity contest. Sif I care if Delta Goodfornuthin' has cancer - does it make her music any better?. How about we declare her as a national hero?Lame.
Originally posted by Foong
I think its pretty stupid that delta can get multiple nominations for the same category. This is becoming like the music awards in US, where eminem scoops it all... this time delta scoops it all..... sheesh... i'm beginning to think music award are becoming more and more ridiculous..... all the awards go to the "popular" artist who are in the pop culture dedicated to the majority. Mind giving awards to REALLY TALENTED artists that don't get so much recognition in the pop culture?
wrong ...and wrong....

look at her competition....None could rival the fact that she had the highest selling album and single....if thats not recognition enough, then how bout she IS one of the few pop stars out there with some real talent....

kylie lives off her ass, as soon as they split its just kylie again, holly...nuf sed...

so you see whilst it would have been good to see some groups up there...hell powderfinger got best album thats gotta be good ?...

Ice03

HSC
N/A
it was bullshit..... a shitty host (andrew denton should have been host)
delta this, delta that, boo freaking hoo, she has cancer, lets give her every award we can. Best video?!? wtf?!? NONE of the five videos in that category deserved best video! and 3 of them were delta videos! i could pull a better music video out of my ass!

good to see the waifs get some recognition tho, and although its great powderfinger won a few although it would have been good to see the sleepy jackson get one, seeing as they have not won any awards yet.
also pleased with the fact that Rogue Traders won best dance release - thought 1200 shitniques would have picked that up for sure!!!!
as for best comedy release, tripod or dave hughes were easily more deservant that merrick and bloody rosso.
well, i suppose when it comes down to it, the arias are awarded based on popularity, not raw talent. shame that.

Ice03

HSC
N/A
delta this, delta that, boo freaking hoo, she has cancer, lets give her every award we can. Best video?!? wtf?!? NONE of the five videos in that category deserved best video! and 3 of them were delta videos! i could pull a better music video out of my ass!

good to see the waifs get some recognition tho, and although its great powderfinger won a few although it would have been good to see the sleepy jackson get one, seeing as they have not won any awards yet.
also pleased with the fact that Rogue Traders won best dance release - thought 1200 shitniques would have picked that up for sure!!!!
as for best comedy release, tripod or dave hughes were easily more deservant that merrick and bloody rosso.
well, i suppose when it comes down to it, the arias are awarded based on popularity, not raw talent. shame that.

slyball

at least powderfinger got the aluibm of oij\y

which ois strafgne becasue delta woin tso manyk other aweards... "what the?"

Last edited:
N

ND

Hahah Delta cleaned up. Pity she didn't get best album though, she really deserved it. Do you really think that the only reason she got so many awards is because of her sickness? Granted it may have helped a little, but she is the best talent Australia has (by far IMO).

Generator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Mordenkainen

But I agree also with what you're saying about other talented, yet unrecognised, in terms of winning Arias, singers out there such as Amiel and Bec Cartwright etc.

HAHAHAHAHA If that is the extent of our talent then no wonder she won everything.

crazyhobo

I see the majority of Australian music to be in a slump at the moment, and I think award shows like tha ARIAs are partly to blame. How are artists supposed to be creative when only a half dozen artists all doing the same thing, get all the recognition? Australian music was going strong during the mid-90s as there was a diverse range of talented artists, but this seems to be all washed down the drain all so an elite few can share the profits.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
ARIAs are just an excuse to televise an 'event' and hopefully drag in a few ratings (hey its a better idea than watching big brother). sure people have fun, awards are given, drinks are sered, but thats about as far as it goes, not many people count name the best album from last year let alone 5 years ago.

dont get me wrong, i love aussie music more now then ever (tle, chair, spoon, finger) but i really doubt winning an aria means much more then the 'aria award winner' sticker which is stuck on the lastest album for the next month.

anyway congrats to powderfigner for winning the best album, they deserved it more than delta

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ice03

bwhahha you produce a better music video....id like to see you try...yes seriously, if you can produce one now on your budget which can rival an actual television release id be very impressed...if not...shut up go neck yourself and quit slagging when you aint got any idea of what your talking about

Originally posted by Generator
HAHAHAHAHA If that is the extent of our talent then no wonder she won everything.
so true

Fry

yeah arias is just the same every year..pure crap

only thing worth watching for was hilary duff and last year, kelly osbourne

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
so delta goodrem won evrythin? bleh
wat about male artists or whateva? ne1 else win sumthin?
i didnt watch

slyball

i think she won 7 arias.
powderfinger got album of year, best rock and best group, i think, for 'vulture street'.
the waifs won a 2, i think.. best independent release and something else.
alex lloyd (just me or had he gained weight? :p)got best male artist - the choices were pretty lacking, imho 'coming home'
farnham - best adult contemporary 'the last time'
keith urban - best country album
andrea keller - best jazz 'mikrokosmos'
hi 5 - best children's
wiggles - (forgot)
+ more, i can't remember...

powderfinger and the androids got nominated for alot.. but they were up against delta goodrem :rolleyes:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Aaron1911

lol, she may well become national hero with her nomination for young australian of the year.....

N

ND

Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol, she may well become national hero with her nomination for young australian of the year.....
Really? nice.. go Delta!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)