Art Express nomination forms. (1 Viewer)

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
congrats. don't know how i went ... probably crap, although my work was only marked the day before the exam! no wonder why i felt nervous that morning

Phouna

HSC
N/A
BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!! =]

I don't think I got nominated one bit... seeing a few major artwork on this forum made me disheartened... everyone is purely amazing!~ :D

Question, even if we don't get nominated do we still get a letter notifying us that we did not make it?

BIG CONGRATS AGAIN! =D =D =D

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!! =]

I don't think I got nominated one bit... seeing a few major artwork on this forum made me disheartened... everyone is purely amazing!~ :D

Question, even if we don't get nominated do we still get a letter notifying us that we did not make it?

BIG CONGRATS AGAIN! =D =D =D
Your body of work is amazing, dear. Truly. And you know it.
Oh and hey I went into school today to sign out and Miss told me they'll find out next Friday about Art Express. So yeah... we'll know by then.
Plus we get to pick up our works n___n

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Your body of work is amazing, dear. Truly. And you know it.
Oh and hey I went into school today to sign out and Miss told me they'll find out next Friday about Art Express. So yeah... we'll know by then.
Plus we get to pick up our works n___n

Jana already got her letter. She is nominated, I clicked on the site above ^^^^ and "access denied" I'm guessing I didn't get nominated... goodbye my dreamy band 6 =[ =[ =[

Cinnamonster

HSC
Jana already got her letter. She is nominated, I clicked on the site above ^^^^ and "access denied" I'm guessing I didn't get nominated... goodbye my dreamy band 6 =[ =[ =[
Oh hey that's cool! Good for her!
I didn't get one either. Means I get Tim back! Hurrah!
Dude, just because you didn't get a nomination for Art Express doesn't mean you don't get a band 6. Likewise, even if you get a nomination for Art Express you aren't guaranteed to get a band 6.

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Oh hey that's cool! Good for her!
I didn't get one either. Means I get Tim back! Hurrah!
Dude, just because you didn't get a nomination for Art Express doesn't mean you don't get a band 6. Likewise, even if you get a nomination for Art Express you aren't guaranteed to get a band 6.

hahas I was so disheartened ... thought I could hopefully scrape a 47 :( I forgot to ask when can we pick up our work?

Cinnamonster

HSC
hahas I was so disheartened ... thought I could hopefully scrape a 47 :( I forgot to ask when can we pick up our work?
Not everyone who scores 47+ gets nominated. It's not how Art Express works. Yes they take work which has a mark of 47 or more (or something like that) BUT they do not nominate/accept every single one of them. There is absolutely no way they could nominate/accept every single student who got a mark of 47 or more for their body of work. So don't be upset. It's just Art Express. I mean yeah, it would have been nice but it's not the end of the world if they chose not to exhibit your work.
Here's what Students Online says:
Students, parents and school staff are reminded that nomination for an HSC showcase does not indicate a particular mark for the student's major work or performance. There are many factors involved in final selection for a showcase event or exhibition, for example: the ability to transport a major project; the suitability of a performance for a particular kind of stage; the need to show a mix of performances or projects that demonstrate the scope of the relevant syllabus; the inclusion of students from locations around NSW. Most importantly, there are limits on the number of performances or works that can be included in any one year. Inevitably, there are many outstanding students who are not nominated or, having been nominated, are not selected for the final showcase.
And we can pick up our work from the 20th I think.

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Not everyone who scores 47+ gets nominated. It's not how Art Express works. Yes they take work which has a mark of 47 or more (or something like that) BUT they do not nominate/accept every single one of them. There is absolutely no way they could nominate/accept every single student who got a mark of 47 or more for their body of work. So don't be upset. It's just Art Express. I mean yeah, it would have been nice but it's not the end of the world if they chose not to exhibit your work.
Here's what Students Online says:

And we can pick up our work from the 20th I think.

Coolies... I'll see you on Friday hopefully :D
If you get nominated give me a call... I want to be screaming on the other side of the phone to you!!! hahahas XD

Well, Kat is just clueless isn't she? lmao. I didn't know that >_<"

Cinnamonster

HSC
Coolies... I'll see you on Friday hopefully :D
If you get nominated give me a call... I want to be screaming on the other side of the phone to you!!! hahahas XD

Well, Kat is just clueless isn't she? lmao. I didn't know that >_<"
I won't get nominated, Kat :p It would be nice but I'd much prefer a band 6.
I'll be there!
You know, I've missed Tim so much :(

crobison1

HSC
I got nominated, too!

Don't know my login ID/password though! glllllll...

zena91

HSC
i thought they tell u if you've been nominated starting from next week??? that's what it says on students online??????

i made ceramic dinner plates + bowl + cups and had traditional/modern islamic designs decals on them.......after seeing other people's work mine feels so mediocre....:( :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::jaw:
these are just some........

Cinnamonster

HSC
i thought they tell u if you've been nominated starting from next week??? that's what it says on students online??????

i made ceramic dinner plates + bowl + cups and had traditional/modern islamic designs decals on them.......after seeing other people's work mine feels so mediocre....:( :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::jaw:
these are just some........
That's what I was told by one of the art teachers at school yesterday. *shrug* Maybe some people get to find out earlier.

Oh and your work is beautiful! I haven't really seen many works for the ceramics category but your works look wonderful :)

HSC
Wait all is not lost... on the board of studies website it says:
" Nomination letters will be sent to students and schools in the week beginning 16 November. Nominated students must login to the Students Online website to submit an online nomination form by Monday 23 November. Final selection letters will be sent in early December."</SPAN>

Ps: i love the ceramics! Gorgeous!

Artist

HSC
Hey, grats. i was also preselected (for an computer animation under time-based). got the letter yesterday in the mail.

:D

im pretty sure they would have mailed them out as of around Wednesday. the address was from Dulwich hill i think so who knows when the last ones will be sent...

patience guys

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC

i love them ... i think that they are better than my painting!
but im having trouble uploading :(

haruandyuki

HSC
Im confused.

My art teacher called me and said they got a letter that my work is being held back to be considered for express.. does this mean im just being considered or nominated??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)