Arts/Law units...??? (1 Viewer)

mememe

How many arts subjects do you get to do in an Arts/Law degree? How many majors/minors could you do? I'm confused, can someone doing the course or who knows something about it enlighten me...

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Firstly, foget minors...no such thing at Macq.

Not really certain, but I have a bit of an idea.

You'll be doing 1 law subject in each semester first year, and about 3 arts electives each semester in the first year. Ofcourse that's what MOST arts-law students do.

Not sure what the minimum number of pts needed for first year units you have to do in Arts-Law (might be one arts subject less than I stated).

mememe

Can you do a whole heap of random subjects, e.g. i'm interested in psychology, philosophy, english and linguistics units,

OR

Do you have to choose one and run with it, like a main focus area or two you are restricted to?

Thanks.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
You can't do psych for your combined degree unless you are in Arts-Psych Law.

It is recommended you do as many different units as you can. So you can do the rest of the ones you mentioned, along with anthropology, sociology, politics, languages, cultural studies, WHATEVER!

But from second year you'll need to take most of your electives in your major and third year..all of your electives from your major.

A good way to do it is to a) Buy the uni handbook and b) Think about a possible major (e.g. english) and make sure you have the necessary first year and second year units. I think there's only 1 first year english unit that is a necessary 2 get into second year english units from memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)