Assessment marks - next week - q's (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
is it true that our internal assessment marks have to be in to the bos by next week? if so, does anyone know what day exactly? coz half my teachers havent even marked our exams yet so i dunno how their gonna get it done by next week.

and another thing> my pdhpe teacher told me that the teachers aren't allowed to tell us what our final internal assessment marks are (the ones they send in to the bos). Is this true? if so, why??? it would really suck if its true, all that studying and in the end they done even tell us our final marks! and also......if its true, although they cant tell us our mark, can they tell us our ranks?

thanks

HSC
I think its because BOS changes the internals ?! I really dont know the whole system, even If I did i'd probably come to conclusion "try to get 1st in every subject = nice uai"

tennille

HSC
rink said:
and another thing> my pdhpe teacher told me that the teachers aren't allowed to tell us what our final internal assessment marks are (the ones they send in to the bos). Is this true? if so, why??? it would really suck if its true, all that studying and in the end they done even tell us our final marks! and also......if its true, although they cant tell us our mark, can they tell us our ranks?

thanks
Yes, I think that's true. I think that's good because your mark will be moderated, and you might end up with a lower (or higher) mark than what you were told.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
It's probably best not to confuse students. As Tennille said, the internal assessment marks reported on your Record of Achievement are moderated and may be higher or lower than your raw internal weighted marks.

rink

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
It's probably best not to confuse students. As Tennille said, the internal assessment marks reported on your Record of Achievement are moderated and may be higher or lower than your raw internal weighted marks.
ok well in that case, the school should be able to tell us our ranks right? and do we get to ever find out the moderated internal assessment mark by the bos?

also, my other q's still stand. can anyone confirm the date when the marks must be in by?

and it just occured to me. see how the teachers cant tell us the internal marks - wont they appear on our end of year reports anyway?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
rink said:
ok well in that case, the school should be able to tell us our ranks right? and do we get to ever find out the moderated internal assessment mark by the bos?

also, my other q's still stand. can anyone confirm the date when the marks must be in by?

and it just occured to me. see how the teachers cant tell us the internal marks - wont they appear on our end of year reports anyway?
Yes, your teachers can tell you your rankings. If you want, you can actually calculate your own raw internal assessment mark. As long as you know all of your marks for each assessment and their weightings, then you can figure it out. I don't think they reveal them on your yearly report. They probably only write your final ranking.

And yes, your moderated internal assessment mark is published on your Record of Achievement, along with your exam mark and your HSC mark (the average of the internal and exam marks).

I also recall a teacher saying that the marks are going to be submitted next week, but I'm not 100% sure.

rink

HSC
''And yes, your moderated internal assessment mark is published on your Record of Achievement, along with your exam mark and your HSC mark (the average of the internal and exam marks).''

when do we get the moderated mark? do we have to wait till the end of the year? btw thanks for the info!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the internal marks ahve to be in by next week. and since the teachers are so crap in their time management, we have had to do about 2 or so assessments in the last week to accomodate such assessment tasks. therefore they didnt give us about 2 weeks to do the actual assessemtn which doesnt comply with the board requirements for assessment tasks.

i had one for legal studies that i got only a week to do and an english asessment task which was given about a week to do as well. in my whole opinion, i think that this is rediculous to thte time that we a re given to acutally prepare for the task itself or to actually get the damn thing in time in good time, and the actual qulaity of the work. should the teachers actually eb responsible with the way that they have actually conducted themselves.
haha is it a good time tot actually report it to the bord for not allowing appropriate notice for an assessment task?? :D:D

bonniejjj

HSC
My teacher's have told me that the mark on your yearly report is not neccessarily the mark sent to the Board of Studies; for example we got our final marks for EE2 today and we were told that they may go up (when sent to the BOS,) but that those were the marks as they would appear on our reports, and the ranks (and relative distance between ranks) will remain the same. So basically there is not only BOS moderation, but also in-school moderation.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
bonniejjj said:
My teacher's have told me that the mark on your yearly report is not neccessarily the mark sent to the Board of Studies; for example we got our final marks for EE2 today and we were told that they may go up (when sent to the BOS,) but that those were the marks as they would appear on our reports, and the ranks (and relative distance between ranks) will remain the same. So basically there is not only BOS moderation, but also in-school moderation.
Maybe what they mean is that the mark on your report (raw mark) is not the same as that which will appear on your HSC Record of Achievement (which is a moderated mark).

muhammad 1

HSC
rink said:
Good question. Does anyone know exactly what day they must be submitted by?

7th Sign

HSC
I very muck doubt this i think it is by the end of the term...

at my school their is still assesments on for some subs

tennille

HSC
muhammad 1 said:
Good question. Does anyone know exactly what day they must be submitted by?
It is definitely before the end of term. It should be quite soon.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Exact date is the 23rd of September.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Our teachers refuse to give us our ranks for some reason, which is annoying, because the weightings of tasks have been changed and no-one really has any concrete idea of what their ranks are for anything.

I was under the impression that our cumulative rank was available at any time, however.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Our teachers basically shove it all in our face...tell us that the highest person gets "100" and the lowest person gets "1" but that of course these get changed by the BoS.

muhammad 1

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Exact date is the 23rd of September.
Hmmm wierd. I was under the impression they were to be submitted in by this week. Well that's what my teachers said anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)