atar estimate - low performing at a high ranking school (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
hi guys,

i'm getting band 4's and 5's in all of my other subjects:
advanced english (5)
economics (5)
art (5)
modern (4)

all of my ranks in these aren't particularly great at all (bottom 20%), but i'm hoping i can pull myself up with scaling.

now the problem is, i have maths right down at the bottom, with a band 2, last ranked, marks around 20-30/100. however, i go to a fairly high ranking school (7th). i'm wondering how detrimental maths might be to my overall ATAR, and what estimate i could be looking at. sorry if things are a little cryptic, i'm trying to dig up my report which i've misplaced somewhere.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
HAHAHA Johony you sexy cunt. I would say that you are looking mainly at very low 90's. Main reason is because of your excellent school rank. Also, don't worry too much about trial marks and/or assessment marks because your school might mark too harsh. I remember for my trial for IPT i got like 36% lol. But yeh dude. Just try and ace you externals to have a good chance at a 92-93. Good luck matey, you can do it!!!

johony

HSC
thanks for that whateverr
hopefully your sexy face doesn't deceive me

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Seriously dude, I might be seeming to troll hard but I am very confident you can get 93-94 if you smash the actual hsc exams. In terms of just your assessment mark you would be just touching the low 90's. Seriously good luck brother and make me proud. Also, thank you for your nice comments about my sexy face

absorber

HSC
80s would seem more plausible, if maths is counted... Actually, with ranks all that low and maths that low I'd say possibly 70s

johony

HSC
Seriously dude, I might be seeming to troll hard but I am very confident you can get 93-94 if you smash the actual hsc exams. In terms of just your assessment mark you would be just touching the low 90's. Seriously good luck brother and make me proud. Also, thank you for your nice comments about my sexy face
90s tbh sounds a little too optimistic, especially with lower ranks and stuff

80s would seem more plausible, if maths is counted... Actually, with ranks all that low and maths that low I'd say possibly 70s
i think high 70s, low 80s sounds just about right. those are the estimates i've been given before, but if i somehow smash externals and bring up maths maybe high 80s doesn't sound so bad.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Dude, there is noo way you would receive 70 or low 80's so that absorber kid has lost it. You are ranked below average in your school and bottom 20% for everything. I would suspect your median UAI last year for your school was 93-94 so that's why i said 90 unless you smash the actual exams. Dude don't give up and don't you ever think less than 90! The absolute lowest I think youc ould get if you perform the way you have in the actual hsc exams is 87.

absorber

HSC
If he only does 10 units and maths is counted...Like he'll get a mark of 70 or lower. That doesn't sound like 90s, does it?

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
If he only does 10 units and maths is counted...Like he'll get a mark of 70 or lower. That doesn't sound like 90s, does it?
Dude, I know what you are saying but I can assure you he will get higher than 70 for the overall hsc score. Top 10 schools usually all kill maths so for him to come last doesn't mean he is bound for somethign really shit <70. We do not know the gap between him and the last few ranked maths people. IF the gap is large than your right 70 it is but if its all fairly clsoe I would suspect 75-78. Fucking one subject up isn't the be all and end all. Try the UAI calculator and type in 90 for everything but 75 for maths and then 85 for maths. UAI doesn't change much. Changes max by 3-4 UAI points.

absorber

HSC
The scaling and aligning processes have 'outliers'. If your assessment mark is much below everyone else's, they won't pull you up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)