atar estimate pretty please (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate an estimate please, my school doesnt give out any estimates at all. I don't have a specific aim or cutoff in mind as I am aiming for Bachelor of Oral Health at USYD which is one third ATAR, PQA and interviews if you get to the interview stage. I am aware my English is absolutely shocking, but I have just recently gotten an amazing tutor who is properly teaching me the stuff, not just doing it all for me, and I feel I will improve dramatically in the two upcoming assessments this term and in trials. Religion has only had one assessment so far, so ranks are still very bunched. I moved schools partway through year 11 and have had personal stuff going on, had to move from chemistry to senior and ext 1 maths to general (wont be doing EAS though), so I hope my ranks will improve after upcoming assessment block and trials now that things are going a bit smoother in personal life.

General Maths: 8/65
Biology: 3/44
Senior Science: 5/42
English Adv: 102/105
Food Tech: 3/11 (Very strong cohort, all but one or two should get Band 6)
SOR 1: 70/121

School rank is usually mid 20's, last year was in the 30's but my cohort was the schools best performing in the school certificate ever, so I guess that kinda shows something seeing as it's external testing...

Last Years Results (fairly average year for our school, lowest school rank in a while)

4% of the form achieved ATARs of 99 and above
7% of the form achieved ATARs of 98 and above
20% of the form achieved ATARs of 95 and above
40% of the form achieved ATARs of 90 and above
76% of the form achieved ATARs of 80 and above
98% of the form achieved ATARs of 60 and above
100% of the form achieved ATARs of 50 and above

Thankyou so much to anyone who replies, very much appreciated!

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Oh god that english jesus

Anywho, 93-96

moocow920

HSC
Thanks, and I knowwww, its embarrassing to even type out. depressing too seeing as I came first in English most of the time years 7-10

Last edited:

moocow920

HSC
Wow, they seem higher than i expected, I was thinking I'd be just scraping 90 if I was lucky. Still gotta keep working though, especially on english because it is honestly just ridiculous. thanks to those who replied, any other estimates?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Wow, they seem higher than i expected, I was thinking I'd be just scraping 90 if I was lucky. Still gotta keep working though, especially on english because it is honestly just ridiculous. thanks to those who replied, any other estimates?
You are from a school in the mid 20's and your ranks are pretty good when taking that into consideration.

That being said, if English was like 20th, you'd be looking at 98+

However, your English is 102nd. Although that is horrible, it's not going to destroy your ATAR.

In your case It's just going to make a difference of like ~5 ATAR points, depending how strong or weak your cohort is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)