ATAR Estimate (1 Viewer)

Rus-Chick

HSC
Please help my twin sister!!! She's dying and crying the whole afternoon because of the shitty internal ranks. Can someone please estimate her ATAR?
Aim ATAR = 70
She's doing high scale subjects but it was also the reason she screwed up considering we only been at Aus for approx 5 yrs.

Biology rank 39 / 45 (A bit of gap in terms of marks between top rankers and bottom rankers)
Chemistry rank 23 / 28 (Smart Cohorts)
Business Studies 11 / 34 (A bit of gap in terms of marks between top rankers and bottom rankers)
Maths Adv 28 / 32 (Smart Cohorts)
ESL 3/9 (Class average for trials was above 2010 HSC average mark, 70ish)

School rank - 110 - 115 (approximation)

Assuming she gets Band 4 (or Band 3) for everything except ESL where she is positive she will get at least Band 4 or even possibly a Band 6, what ATAR will she get????
Please give a realistic estimation as i dont want her to be too excited and found out she gets low ATAR at the end.

K

khorne

Re: Assessment ranks are in!

Please help my twin sister!!! She's dying and crying the whole afternoon because of the shitty internal ranks. Can someone please estimate her ATAR?
Aim ATAR = 70
She's doing high scale subjects but it was also the reason she screwed up considering we only been at Aus for approx 5 yrs.

Biology rank 39 / 45 (A bit of gap in terms of marks between top rankers and bottom rankers)
Business Studies 11 / 34 (A bit of gap in terms of marks between top rankers and bottom rankers)

Assuming she gets Band 4 (or Band 3) for everything except ESL where she is positive she will get at least Band 4 or even possibly a Band 6, what ATAR will she get????
Please give a realistic estimation as i dont want her to be too excited and found out she gets low ATAR at the end.
60s

michaeljennings

HSC

Wouldn't you also need to take into account what school she goes to since they also scale marks depending on your school?
They dont scale marks depending on your school. They align your internal marks depending on how well your cohort does in the HSC (external) exams. And in any case the lady mentioned her sisters school rank was 100ish

Rus-Chick

HSC

Wouldn't you also need to take into account what school she goes to since they also scale marks depending on your school?
As i mentioned school rank 110 - 115.

Rus-Chick

HSC

They dont scale marks depending on your school. They align your internal marks depending on how well your cohort does in the HSC (external) exams. And in any case the lady mentioned her sisters school rank was 100ish
What are u thoughts on my twin sister's ATAR???

michaeljennings

HSC

What are u thoughts on my twin sister's ATAR???
Not sure sorry, its hard to estimate an atar for a person who has ranks close to the bottom of their cohort because no one can really tell how bad they are. Getting an atar of 70 definitely isnt impossible though for her.

Rus-Chick

HSC

Not sure sorry, its hard to estimate an atar for a person who has ranks close to the bottom of their cohort because no one can really tell how bad they are. Getting an atar of 70 definitely isnt impossible though for her.
Thanks hopefully she gets a bit better when she heard about this. BTW when you said "Getting an atar of 70 definitely isnt impossible though for her", what are the minimum requires she need to make "impossible" to "possible"???

michaeljennings

HSC

Thanks hopefully she gets a bit better when she heard about this. BTW when you said "Getting an atar of 70 definitely isnt impossible though for her", what are the minimum requires she need to make "impossible" to "possible"???
Well its not impossible to begin with so I dont really understand what youre asking. You shouldnt worry too much either about 'minimum requirements' because she has finished her HSC and there isnt anything more she can do about it. She'll just have to wait until she gets her atar back. Try keep her mind off it or something, go out with her, see a movie or something. Movies are good for when youve got stuff on your mind they let you escape.

yc6

HSC
Aim ATAR = 70

Wow thats pretty bad

Rus-Chick

HSC
Wow thats pretty bad
I know it is bad as it was the reason my sis were so disappointed about the whole yesterday afternoon. But considering all her subject are highly scaled what are the possibility of getting ATAR of 70??? Any idea???

Bobbo1

HSC
Sorry hard to guesstimate, but gonna have a stab at around 65-72

enoilgam

HSC
I reakon 70 is possible, but 60's is more likely. A band 6 would really help her to get over 70.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The school rank is good, the ranks are bad (except business is very decent and ESL decent), I got confused about what bands you were saying you'd think she get externally.

Anyway, she will most likely end up with an ATAR in the 60s. 70 is possible, but the probability is low.

Rus-Chick

HSC
The school rank is good, the ranks are bad (except business is very decent and ESL decent), I got confused about what bands you were saying you'd think she get externally.

Anyway, she will most likely end up with an ATAR in the 60s. 70 is possible, but the probability is low.
What i mean, assuming she gets Band 4+ for every subjects (including scaling), will it be possible for her to get ATAR 70 with low ranks???

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think she'll get in the 60s, but 70 is not impossible. It's definitely achievable, given that she did good in the HSC exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)