Atar estimate (1 Viewer)

Yomanxo

HSC
Hey all!
5 days until hsc and I have not studied at ALL. I have lost complete motivation as I truly believe my internal performance brings my atar down DRAMATICALLY. I wanted to do law, but never put the time and effort into year 12. My internal marks are BAD. My motivation is gone, as I don’t see a point in studying the next few days if I truly cannot get a high enough ATAR. I also am lost, and don’t know where to start studying

My school ranking is: 127
My ranks:
General maths: 62/97
Modern history: 25/38
Investigating science: 17/24
English standard 46/98
Business studies: 24/39

dani01

HSC
even if i manage to get band 4/5s pretty much every subject?
you are going to have to work very very hard if you want a band 5 in pretty much every subject. You are ranked in the bottom 40% in like all your subjects. if you type your results in an atar calculator estimating 75 for each subjects it will probably give you around a mid 60 but that's not considering the fact that standard maths and standard English are not the best scaling and you aren't ranked very high so you don't have much of a safety net.
Go on hsc honour roll and type up your school you can see how many people got a band 6 for each subject. - double that and add a bit more and use that as a guide for what rank you would have to be to get a band 5. I don't know if that makes much sense but it will probably give you a good estimate of where you lie.

Hope you are able to prove us all wrong. if you put your head down and work hard anything is achievable. remember despite nesa's wierd moderation things whatever you get in your external stays as your mark! All the best

Yomanxo

HSC
you are going to have to work very very hard if you want a band 5 in pretty much every subject. You are ranked in the bottom 40% in like all your subjects. if you type your results in an atar calculator estimating 75 for each subjects it will probably give you around a mid 60 but that's not considering the fact that standard maths and standard English are not the best scaling and you aren't ranked very high so you don't have much of a safety net.
Go on hsc honour roll and type up your school you can see how many people got a band 6 for each subject. - double that and add a bit more and use that as a guide for what rank you would have to be to get a band 5. I don't know if that makes much sense but it will probably give you a good estimate of where you lie.

Hope you are able to prove us all wrong. if you put your head down and work hard anything is achievable. remember despite nesa's wierd moderation things whatever you get in your external stays as your mark! All the best
My fault for not paying attention since the start.
Do you know if any pathways into law?

if not, with a 55 ATAR I could enter “the college” at wsu, which eventually puts me in uni.
Just a shame, biggest mistake was being lazy

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
When you say 65, do you mean if I remain the same? What if my marks/ranks improve. Or is it to the point of no return and the maximum I can get is 65?
Your ranks can't improve anymore, that's all already locked in. If you says your marks are "BAD" im going to assume your at in the 50s- 60s. Lets say your mark for maths is 58 and you work really hard and end up getting a 67 externally (which would be a really good mark considering rank of school and your rank). an average of the two would only come out to be a 63 which is a low band 4.
Nothing is to the point of no return just keep trying hard. My recommendation is get off this forum- people have already estimated, you have this answer, use your time wisely and work hard.
Best of luck and in the end if your content with your marks tells how you do, like @dani01 hopefully you prove us all wrong.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
My fault for not paying attention since the start.
Do you know if any pathways into law?

if not, with a 55 ATAR I could enter “the college” at wsu, which eventually puts me in uni.
Just a shame, biggest mistake was being lazy
I mean put WSU at first, and see what happens with getting in.

If you don't mind travelling into a different state if that fails, you probably can get into La Trobe, James Cook, ECU, Uni South QLD, CQ Uni or the University of the Sunshine Coast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)