ATAR estimation for a troubled lad (1 Viewer)

solarielite

HSC
Hello, I was just wondering what kind of atar I would get with these marks.

I was looking up school rankings for the particular format required for these kinds of posts and found out that my school was ranked last in bettereducation.com for last year's HSC cohort. Dead. Last. xd

My subjects, trial marks, and overall ranking are as follows. My final report did not give any cumulative marks, only overall assessment ranks.

English Standard
Trial 90/100
Ranked 1/50

Mathematics Advanced
Trial 49/100
Ranked 1/4

Design and Technology
Trial 33/40
Ranked 1/4

Business Studies
Trial 69(giggity)/100
Ranked 1/23

Ancient History
Trial 86/100
Ranked 2/12

Also, how badly will my school's ranking affect my overall ATAR? I'm shooting for 80-85, and I am a bit concerned about how much the school's performance will affect my own results. I'm well aware that I still need to put in a lot of work during the stuvac to get the best ATAR that I can, but it's been nagging on me ever since I looked it up.

Thanks in advance!

Hscbuzman

HSC
The school will tank you heaps so I would say 61-63 if you have moderate improvement till externals. If you smash them then 73-75.

solarielite

HSC
The school will tank you heaps so I would say 61-63 if you have moderate improvement till externals. If you smash them then 73-75.
I expected it to have an effect but not THAT much, looks like I have a lot more work ahead of me than I thought.

SpiderX1X

HSC
But everyone else's performance will right? The school didn't really experience much improvement based off the trials.
Nah bro you can get 80-85. Since you're coming first for most of your courses you control what you get in the externals, no scaling is involved.

Hscbuzman

HSC
Nah bro you can get 80-85. Since you're coming first for most of your courses you control what you get in the externals, no scaling is involved.
The difficulty of internals is a big factor and at a low ranking school they are much easy than the HSC. Some low ranking schools give out 90s and then students all get B1s (no jk this happens)

SpiderX1X

HSC
The difficulty of internals is a big factor and at a low ranking school they are much easy than the HSC. Some low ranking schools give out 90s and then students all get B1s (no jk this happens)
Makes sense then

StudyOnly

HSC
I don't agree with that. Considering you are coming first for majority of your subjects you control both your internal assessment mark and exam mark. Try some past papers and see what marks you are getting, if you are getting similar marks to you internal schools marks than I am fairly sure your ATAR would be higher than 62-63. If not there is still time to improve. Best of luck.

Hscbuzman

HSC
I don't agree with that. Considering you are coming first for majority of your subjects you control both your internal assessment mark and exam mark. Try some past papers and see what marks you are getting, if you are getting similar marks to you internal schools marks than I am fairly sure your ATAR would be higher than 62-63. If not there is still time to improve. Best of luck.
Stop giving him false hope

StudyOnly

HSC
I skimmed over your marks and didn't see that 2U Maths mark......i think you need to work on improving that especially....

I still don't think I am giving him false hope, I told him to try some past papers and see how he goes. If his getting similar marks or better (although maths needs to be improved) I think he can get an ATAR over 60.

But then again I can't predict your marks. It changes every year. Just study...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)