• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

atar prediction pls... (2 Viewers)

ggujie

HSC
hello i am so scared for hsc because even though i feel pretty confident in my subjs, i am super unsure of how the scaling will ultimately affect my atar. i am aiming for a 99.5+ and i was wondering if people could give insights into what marks they got relative to their atar or give me a prediction based on my ranks...

these are in order of subj | rank | how many people got a b6 last year (for context, my school is top 5)

engadv | 2/153 | 66
mx1 | 15/128 | 79
mx2 | 14/65 | 43
modern | 2/30 | 10
legal (i did accel last yr and got 95)

i heard that @jimmysmith560 is the expert but anyone's advice would be awesome! thanks :p

whattimeisit

HSC
Easily above 99.
A 99.5+ will depend on HSC performance, although it should be comfortably achievable if nothing drastic occurs like being sick on the day.

Whatmathsdoineed

HSC
You just have to try your absolute hardest, 99.5 you either scrape it or barely miss it based on these ranks

iloveeggs

HSC
you'll get a 99 if you keep it up in the hsc probably but yeah 99.5+ will depend on your hsc performance.

i would also not worry about what subjects you are doing or how scaling will look like for you atp bc firstly you are in a top 5 school and secondly there is nothing left to do now except doing your best. its not impossible to get a 99.5+ with your subjects in your school its just that once you hit 99 it gets harder and harder to tap into decimal points.

if you want to estimate on your own check out how many people in the 2023 cohort of your school got 99.5+ and around where you would sit in your cohort overall (i would guess you're like top 10-15 overall), so if there were like more than 15 99.5+ that means that atar range is achievable for you probably.

Last edited:

vajayjay

HSC
hello i am so scared for hsc because even though i feel pretty confident in my subjs, i am super unsure of how the scaling will ultimately affect my atar. i am aiming for a 99.5+ and i was wondering if people could give insights into what marks they got relative to their atar or give me a prediction based on my ranks...

these are in order of subj | rank | how many people got a b6 last year (for context, my school is top 5)

engadv | 2/153 | 66
mx1 | 15/128 | 79
mx2 | 14/65 | 43
modern | 2/30 | 10
legal (i did accel last yr and got 95)

i heard that @jimmysmith560 is the expert but anyone's advice would be awesome! thanks :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)