Atar (1 Viewer)

bstevo3298

HSC
I am in starting year 11 in 2020 and aiming for an atar of above 98 for the university courses I am hoping to get into. I understand this will take a lot of work but how much will natural intelligence have an impact on me being able to achieve this. I go to a good school where I do alright without really studying at all. I am just definitely not in that top percentage yet.

upishcat

HSC
If you are in not the top percentage yet then that means your current 'natural intelligence' is not sufficient enough enough for year 10 standards let alone year 11 or 12. However if you find learning and absorbing things easy then I highly recommend starting a proper study routine where you do the work a little bit ahead of your class.

bstevo3298

HSC
If you are in not the top percentage yet then that means your current 'natural intelligence' is not sufficient enough enough for year 10 standards let alone year 11 or 12. However if you find learning and absorbing things easy then I highly recommend starting a proper study routine where you do the work a little bit ahead of your class.
I appreciate the honesty haha I'll definitely try

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I am in starting year 11 in 2020 and aiming for an atar of above 98 for the university courses I am hoping to get into. I understand this will take a lot of work but how much will natural intelligence have an impact on me being able to achieve this. I go to a good school where I do alright without really studying at all. I am just definitely not in that top percentage yet.
By natural intelligence I'm assuming you mean something like IQ. While it's skeptical it still shows a positive trend even though not being absolute.

For HSC natural intelligence plays a very small part. Someone with an average IQ can definitely get a 98+ atar as HSC relies on how hard you work not how 'intelligent' you are, with the exception of Maths Ext 2 which really is the only taste you'll get of anything that doesn't rely on memorization and regurgitation.

So basically don't worry about your IQ, instead focus on working hard.

bstevo3298

HSC
By natural intelligence I'm assuming you mean something like IQ. While it's skeptical it still shows a positive trend even though not being absolute.

For HSC natural intelligence plays a very small part. Someone with an average IQ can definitely get a 98+ atar as HSC relies on how hard you work not how 'intelligent' you are, with the exception of Maths Ext 2 which really is the only taste you'll get of anything that doesn't rely on memorization and regurgitation.

So basically don't worry about your IQ, instead focus on working hard.
Thats helpful so thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)