Attn Indoor Soccer Players!!! (1 Viewer)

bassqueen16

HSC
HI do you play indoor soccer? IF so do you find its good to do a sport during the HSC? My friends and I have had a team since Year 9 in our Indoor league and some people arent playing this year because they think its too much time to waste (when its 30 mins a game one night a week...) ANYWAY any replies will be appreciated... ta

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
can i play?
we had too many non committments to field our team this year

bassqueen16

HSC
ino TRUST me i really wanna play, and its a girls team but thanks gordo :) the main problem is we couldnt have someone on our team from another school (who used to go to our school and played with us up till this year, when they changed the rules) so now we only have 5 players and thats the min, so if someones sick we have to forfeit and pay the court fees for both our team and the other team (which is about $80...) so i wanted another friend to play, but yeah theres bad blood between a girl already on the team and my friend so basically were screwed :(

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Sounds like an episode of The OC.

bassqueen, if you want someone from your grade to join THAT badly, then put advertisements up around the school, whatever.

Bribe them if you have to ;-)

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
it's definitely not a waste of time. i played outdoor and indoor soccer during the hsc and it was never a problem..if anything it helps you to relax and keeps your brain active and alert which helps when studying. i hate it when people drop out of a team because they think it's going to distract them from their hsc/uni work. we lost so many players because of that excuse this year

kaylz

HSC
Get a wig, andrew. It'll work to the team's advantage and you might pick up.

bassqueen16

HSC
aww good play gordo, it cant hurt :p and yeh it is very reminiscent of teen drama shows, but it is in fact a reality! The only thing is yeah we've been playing together since yr 9 and anyone else whose playing in our year is already in another team... and i HATE it that ppl think half an hour a week is too much of a commitment, seriously we spend more time watching TV or on the net during the hsc rather than something that could actually be beneficial to our health, like omg physical activity, such a strain! ANYWAY thanks guys, ppl just shit me :)

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Indoor soccer is awesome. More technical and fast-paced than outdoor football but excellent nonetheless. Watch out for injuries though. I scored a knee reconstruction.

bassqueen16

HSC
lol yea komit, we're up and up on the injuries, maybe not as nasty as a recon but in our first season i had braces and hadnt caught onto the mouthguard yet, anyway got a ball full force into the face, cut off half my lip... that was narstay! but i think we have an extra player now so hopefully we can play!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well I'm sure its more than just 30 minutes. i mean, getting there, changing, warming up, playing the game, a bit of a break at half time, the second half, the game finsihed, the team talk, watching the other gams for another half hour, changing back, then getting home. Probably 3 hours or so.

But that shouldnt be a problem.

My parents wont let me play sport this year, but I sure as hell want to.

the truth

HSC
A2RAYA said:
it's definitely not a waste of time. i played outdoor and indoor soccer during the hsc and it was never a problem..if anything it helps you to relax and keeps your brain active and alert which helps when studying. i hate it when people drop out of a team because they think it's going to distract them from their hsc/uni work. we lost so many players because of that excuse this year
spot on totally agree.... if you love playin then you will play regardless
playin indoor is awesome help alot when you play the outdoor version... yeah whats 30 mins of "exercise" when the pople who drop out of the team coz of hsc would probably waste that time watching tv anyways...... in short keep playing

bassqueen16

HSC
exactly, the truth, thats what i was saying b4, like seriously a friday night 30 mins of the actual game and a few hours when theyd be on the computer or watching tv its pretty stupid huh! well we have a 6th player so we can play woot thanks guys for all the advice, i convinced her to play using some of it :)

bassqueen16

HSC
Bookie said:
lol there u go, that sucks what sport do u wanna play? i reckon sports good for u during the hsc, i know i feel crap if i have to study study study for weeks on end with no physical activity, i mean once a week isnt that much, plus its sociable too i spose, so u get ur social and sport exposure for the week then back to work?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
well i played cricket all through term 1 this year.

its just that ive been really sick and they dont really wanna let me.

im gonna coach a 15s side this year in soccer. i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)