Australian Maritime Projects (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I swear we never did this in class. anyway the dot point is:

• perform investigations and gather information from secondary sources to compare conservation and restoration techniques applied in two Australian maritime archaeological projects

This to me sounds like a potential large question :(

Abtari

HSC
yes it is indeed. we never relli did it in class either. our teacher slacked off towards the end a bit :p too busy i guess :(

sambo_rambo

HSC
We went to the maritime museum. Thearchaelogical atrefacts we did were the Endeavour Cannon and the Vernon Anchors. Maybe if you Google them you could get some decent info.

Necros87

meh
HSC
N/A
oh thats rite, we did cooks cannon and some dutch??? silver coins

LostAuzzie

HSC
sambo_rambo said:
We went to the maritime museum. Thearchaelogical atrefacts we did were the Endeavour Cannon and the Vernon Anchors. Maybe if you Google them you could get some decent info.
That's exactly what we did,
If we get a question on that ill just regurgitate what I can remember from the sheets they handed to us

Abtari

HSC
u know how the dotpoint is compare conservation and restoration techniques applied in ur two blablabla...

so how would we compare realli? i am having trouble. e.g. what if ur two project things are completely different, and were conserved and restored using different methods, how would we compare then???

what would the mark value be for such a question?

LostAuzzie

HSC
Abtari said:
u know how the dotpoint is compare conservation and restoration techniques applied in ur two blablabla...

so how would we compare realli? i am having trouble. e.g. what if ur two project things are completely different, and were conserved and restored using different methods, how would we compare then???

what would the mark value be for such a question?
Id say if they are completely different (as the Vernon Anchors & Cannon are) look for minor comparisons such as both being conservation and not restoration etc, Then discuss their other aspects like whether electrolysis is used or some other method as a contrast.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 6 or 7 marker (this is what it was in my trial)

serge

HSC
LostAuzzie said:
Id say if they are completely different (as the Vernon Anchors & Cannon are) look for minor comparisons such as both being conservation and not restoration etc, Then discuss their other aspects like whether electrolysis is used or some other method as a contrast.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 6 or 7 marker (this is what it was in my trial)
you're right a COMPARISON would be pretty boring if you chose
two restoration artefacts of the same metal

Abtari

HSC
LostAuzzie said:

umm so whats the precise distinction between conservation and restoration again? *sigh*

sambo_rambo

HSC
Restoration is all the things they do to fix up all the problems with the artefact e.g. electrolytic cleaning. Conservation is all the things they do to make sure it doesn't corrode anymore e.g. using an epoxy paint (vernon anchors) or a mirco crystalline wax (endeavour cannon).

beemz

HSC
heya...
yeah i went to the maritime museum and had that little booklety thing to fill out...
i hate to be scabby...but...
does anyone have their notes still lying around, with answers to the pracs done? eg. relating materials to pictures.
i/my group was slow and didnt get much done :$
ah... yeah... :$
any help and/or addition info. much appreciated
thanks
:) :$

s2indie

HSC
Man, was the excursion boring.
Anyway my guide was shitty so we went back to school and the teachers just told us the answers. So just ask questions, and hopefully I'd be able to help.

PS. Can't believe my guide actually timed us! EXACTLY 30seconds to look at artefacts from a boat and expect us to fill out the table.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We'll be going sometime early next term before the trials start, I hope we don't get the same guide that timed you. Just curious but do we all get the same booklet or is it different from school to school?

beemz

HSC
lol
damnit i should have checked my post
wasnt expecting replies! :$
thanks so much for the offer! :)
i managed to get some stuff from class mates.. :s

yeah im pretty sure the booklets are the same for all schools
now that ive done it i can help you too! ooo! or try...

well, i recorded on my digital camera one of the presentations- about conservation, resoration etc. so if any one wants them feel free to contact me
the quality isnt great but its aduible

:)

mjvr

HSC
well my research assessment says to "compare conservation and restoration techniques applied in ONE Australian maritime archeological project", but even with that i'm having trouble with the final section, "any chemistry involved"...
i was just wondering if anyone could give me a hand with this. my project is the HMS Sirius Project, and i just can't seem to find the information anywhere:mad1:. any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)