Australian Students Prize (1 Viewer)

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
So, class of 2005.

Anyone got the magic letter yet? I know I haven't...

lala2

Banned
HSC
Wow, what UAI did you get? I heard last year the rseults were released in May or June--pretty late, actually.

P

pLuvia

Well he got 99.9, what's this Australian Students Prize thing?

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
pLuvia said:
Well he got 99.9, what's this Australian Students Prize thing?
Yeah, I did. And the Australian Students Prize is a $2000 payment to the top 500 students in Australia. Read more about it here

Note that it doesn't give any details about criteria... hence why I'm questioning whether I'll get it or not.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
Yes I got it! finally, I have been phoning and emailing since practically last year

It says that our names will be published in a "national newspaper" - i assume it's the australian?

And the criteria is set by the Board of Studies, so UAI is not an issue. It is based solely on HSC Marks, which I find quite unfair, but i'm not complaining

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Congratulations! Judging from your marks, you definitely deserved it. :)

I_F

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
omar273 said:
Yes I got it! finally, I have been phoning and emailing since practically last year

It says that our names will be published in a "national newspaper" - i assume it's the australian?

And the criteria is set by the Board of Studies, so UAI is not an issue. It is based solely on HSC Marks, which I find quite unfair, but i'm not complaining
Yup, I got it too. My best guess would be all marks over 94... (which I got)

sarahn

HSC
i highly doubt UAI had much to do with it - i just got the letter, and my UAI was 99.75 - which wouldn't put me in the top 500 students in australia, im guessing...

but i did get 94 or above in 10 units...so maybe theres a clue? my only other guess is that it may be done on a regional basis?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Congratulations to sarahn, flamearrows, and omar273 for their achievements! I agree with you guys that it's probably based on HSC marks. In 2003, a girl from my school topped Business Studies but her UAI was 'only' 99.35, and I suspected that UAI had nothing to do with it because by that token she would not have received a prize at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)