• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

'Australian Theatre' essay due tomorrow.. i am fuxOred.. (1 Viewer)

mcccxxxvii

HSC
The quality of new Australian theatre continues to improve, and the range of forms, styles and subject matter confirms the maturity of Australian theatre. Diverse voices and cultures are now being recognised giving a new voice to Australian drama which can only enrich our theatre and our society.

How is Australia's diversity reflected in the writing, performance and design of its theatre. In your answer you should refer to your 2 texts of study (Gary's House/7 Stages)

i dunno where to start.. i'm so dead :(

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Hah, I am in the exact same position. (I mean exactly.) Mine's due tomorrow as well, and I came here for some advice. The good thing though is that I have around 28 hours because my teacher lets us email assessments before midnight on the due date.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Bit late with the response.. but...

If you dont know what your talking about, talk text by text. Start with Gary's house... spectacle, always a big thing. The question mention's "maturity" so discuss innovations with the stage, challenges with staging the play... The play reflects a changing and maturing australian theatre 'cause it innovates with the ways theatre is staged!

7 stages, I'm not to sure about, but talk about symbolism, and the ways it is expressed. The play has a projector on the stage!!! That is an example of innovations and changing!

hope thats a good jumping off point. Check the resources section... there are notes for both!

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Woo, essay is done, I might post it in the resources if I get a good mark.

Phew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)