Automated manufacturing systems.. conveyor belt? (1 Viewer)

endingstory

HSC
one of the questions asked how critical damping was used and asked to describe the other types as well.

I didn't actually understand how critical damping was being used on the conveyor belt..

I wrote that the damping is related to teh speed, so once the product is placed, it returns to the normal speed as quickly as possible..

What did you guys write?

Terlob

HSC
I didn't know either lol. I drew a diagram of what damping was and said it was in relation to speed for the conveyor belt. I'd only ever seen damping for temperature before that though.

endingstory

HSC
Terlob said:
I didn't know either lol. I drew a diagram of what damping was and said it was in relation to speed for the conveyor belt. I'd only ever seen damping for temperature before that though.
yeah i drew some diagrams as well. I think the question was was so open, that it was up the student to decide how to interpret it.

I really had no idea :S

betonit169

My Username Sucks....
HSC
i just talked about the different types of damping.

i honestly cant remember....

sdx91

HSC
talked about the speed of the conveyor belt and how it should not be too fast or it'll break items etc..

hujikolp

HSC
endingstory said:
one of the questions asked how critical damping was used and asked to describe the other types as well.

I didn't actually understand how critical damping was being used on the conveyor belt..

I wrote that the damping is related to teh speed, so once the product is placed, it returns to the normal speed as quickly as possible..

What did you guys write?
i talked about each one.. but then with the critcal damping, i said something like..
when a package gets dropped on the conveyer belt it quickly needs to adjust to the different sized packages and stuff.. so that's why critical damping would suit it, to steady the conveyer belt quickly and correctly.. and some other stuff but i can't really remember atm..

we actually used the conveyer belt as an example in class.. so i knew what i was talking about.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)