B Ec Soc Sci majors - help! (1 Viewer)

Cy

anide
HSC
I'm in my 3rd year of Ec Soc Sci and I've just hit a brick wall. I'm majoring in Government and International Relations and Work and Organisational Studies, but the problem is a IR/HRM major requires 42 senior credit points (as opposed to 36, as stated in the 2008 Arts Handbook).

This means I'll have to take 5 subjects next semester, in order to fulfil the Faculty of Econ and Business's requirements for a major - has anyone else come across this? Every other major requires 36 senior credit points - why is WORK so difficult?!

KarmaKitten

HSC
Maybe because you only needed to do one junior subject to to qualify for senior WORK. Not sure if that is true, but that has always been my guess.

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
I'm doing the BPESS degree and doing a IR/HRM major as well. I'm in my first semester and have done WORK1003 (the only junior unit) but next semester I have to take a WORK senior unit so that I can just get the major. (I only have six elective spaces in Years 2 and 3 combined and I need to complete seven senior units to get this major).. so that's why I have to do one of the subjects next semester. Confusing, I know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)