B Engineering ICT (software) Dip Engineering practice (1 Viewer)

dumarab

HSC
UTS talks themselves up so much, is this degree really that much different to USYD or UNSW?

Musk2.0

HSC
All engineering degrees are similar,

This one just has paid practical work experience integrated and you can get your chartered status at the same time as UNSW and USYD student.

UNSW or UTS is where you should look at

Remember pick a university that best suits your wants needs and desire

kgf321

HSC
N/A
dumarab said:
UTS talks themselves up so much, is this degree really that much different to USYD or UNSW?
Having studied at UTS and UNSW(masters) in computer engineering, I can say UTS is no where less "theoretical" at the bachelor level than UNSW. This is all hype and talk from people that don’t know what they are talking about. You learn the same stuff more or less, in fact i can name a few subjects where UTS go into much more detail than UNSW especially if you get a teacher like Peter Mclean.
Both unis had good teaching, UTS maybe slightly better but maybe cause i did a B.E there.

The reason ppl say UNSW is more theoretical is because there is more research at the uni but at the Bachelor level you wont go near that really.

My advice for Bachelor : UTS for PhD UNSW.

Havent gone to Usyd but from what ive seen their Comp Sci , IT sucks. I have some co workers from there and i haven’t been impressed at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)