B Sc / B A timetabling (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have realised I'm in a bit of a pickle regarding enrollment/timetabling :(.

I'm planning to enroll in B Sc / B A for this year. My problem is in the Arts degree.

For this double degree, the sample pathway has only 1 arts elective per semester for 1st (and 2nd) year. Now, I want to major in Asian Studies, however no language units may be counted toward this major. But, I wish to continue studying Japanese throughout uni, but in order to fulfill this Asian Studies major I need to take junior Asian Studies units ASAP, as all senior units require 12CP of junior ASNS units. I am deciding against a major in Japanese Studies as the units of study available are quite limited, and I want to take a mix of Chinese/Japanese related units - and the Asian Studies units provide this.

Is it advisable to overload so early on? (The Japanese language unit is 3 tutorials a week, no lectures, but is a whole 6CP.) Or should I do a DipLangStuds for Japanese?

____

tl;dr: Should I/Can I overload during first semester? (30CP)

Last edited:

witide

HSC
Just wait until next year and do one arts unit for now.

HSC
Ah - that sounds like a good idea. I'd have less pracs (probably drop physics and turn to all maths) and I'd be more used to uni by that stage (I hope)..

Thanks a heap!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
From memory you're not allowed to overload in your first semester at all.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
You can't do a Diploma of Language Studies if you're enrolled in a degree in the Arts faculty anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)