B Science(adv math)(hon) vs B Science with a math major? (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
I'm doing commerce/science(adv math)(hon) this year at UNSW and am planning to do a statistics major. However the only stats major is the advanced statistics major, and in this I would need 80UoC of math courses and 1 comp sci course worth 6 UoC, which means I only get 1 science elective in my degree, which I would use on another comp sci course..

Commerce/science just has a plain statistics major which is only 60UoC of math courses, which would give me 36 UoC of science electives, which I would use on computer science courses.

I really want to take a fair few computer science courses in my degree, and I'm not super passionate, or even that good at maths. Do employers still value a math(or stats) major if they haven't done honours?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm doing commerce/science(adv math)(hon) this year at UNSW and am planning to do a statistics major. However the only stats major is the advanced statistics major, and in this I would need 80UoC of math courses and 1 comp sci course worth 6 UoC, which means I only get 1 science elective in my degree, which I would use on another comp sci course..

Commerce/science just has a plain statistics major which is only 60UoC of math courses, which would give me 36 UoC of science electives, which I would use on computer science courses.

I really want to take a fair few computer science courses in my degree, and I'm not super passionate, or even that good at maths. Do employers still value a math(or stats) major if they haven't done honours?
well what do you want to do after work

I'd argue that Honours is extremely beneficial whether you want to get into the workforce, or whether you want to get into further research

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)