ishq

brown?
HSC
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone is doing/planning to do this couse? :D

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I plan to do it, but it is actually a 'Bachelor of Business' on my UAC preferences :s Is this a different course entirely?

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
lol, b business is different to b accounting. b accounting is a co-op scholarship course...

edit: and yea, im hoping to do b accounting next year :)

Last edited:

ishq

brown?
HSC
Did you get an interview ZeGoat?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i found out there was a bachelor of accounting only a few weeks ago. but my uai was too low for it anyway

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
so I am assuming that if you do a cadetship, you dont do the bachelor of accounting, you do bachelor of business with an accounting major?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Me too!
What time :D?

Are you going to the Information Evening in the middle of the HSC?

Meads: Yup :D

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
the first one on the day, session 21 i think
when i called them, i told them i might not be able to go, so yea im listed as a 'maybe' on their list

ishq

brown?
HSC
Did you guys apply for UNSW Co-op as well? And Cadetships?

It seems like a great course - with unbelievable sponsers! :)

Carita

^^^^^
HSC
i am going for it...but its highly unlikely that i will get it due to the fact that theres no way i am getting a 95 and doubt i will get even a 90 and i dont think they will tke someone who gets under 90. but...i am going for it, means i can travel down t sydney....have a bit of dfun....experience...bla bla bla....ie....go party in sydney and get blind

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
UTS BAcc is great, older program than the one at UNSW, top sponsors (tho we finally got Macq Bank now) and its own degree (as oppose to Acct Coops at UNSW still doing BCom, not that theres anything wrong with at all). I (personally) think UNSW goes one step further in exchange programs but beyond that not enough people (at high school lvl) realise what a great program BAcc is

Cadetships are a totally different lifestyle to the coop programs, also ive heard BAcc is quite different in its own right with dif starting times, more courses in less time n all. Hope your interviews went well and good news awaits when they release results ;-)

also Carita last year they did take UAIs under 95 (i think), dont knwo how many or what UAIs they got but dont lose hope just because of that.

Johnybbb

HSC
people have got in with uai's of 87, 95 is not that essential

ishq

brown?
HSC
Did you guys get the letter? How did everyone go?

ackmon

HSC
so how do they actually accept you into it if it doesn't go according to your UAI?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its a Co-op program.
So, selection criteria is basically - application form + interview + past achievements + UAI. However, after reading the above posts, I think they are quite leniant about their minimum UAI of 95 requirement...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)