Bachelor of Design (Visual comm) (1 Viewer)

celi0us

HSC
hey guys

i got a main round offer for B Design (Visual comm) and i was just wondering if i can get opinions from people who have done the course or are currently doing it.

is it a good course? interesting? how are the teachers? the facilities? students? is it really worth a whole hour of travel every day?

otherwise im going to do IT at macquarie

thanks

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Doing I.T and Design are completely opposite and this is from experience already. In Design, you learn about the history of design, art and architecture and in your first year you do Illustration work (involving the use of drawing, colour pencils, painting whatever), work using Adobe, B/W Photography so in essence, the course is allowing you to be creative.

The teachers are nice and facilities is pretty good. Things that spoil it is the location, the environment and admin management problems (no student centre where the course is - got to go to main one).

aznangel1314

HSC
celi0us said:
hey guys

i got a main round offer for B Design (Visual comm) and i was just wondering if i can get opinions from people who have done the course or are currently doing it.

is it a good course? interesting? how are the teachers? the facilities? students? is it really worth a whole hour of travel every day?

otherwise im going to do IT at macquarie

thanks
Oo i also got that offer, and have decided to take it too... do u have ne idea when b design (v c) starts?? issert 26 feb?? just want to make sure...^_^ coz i dun even noe which campus in penrith to go to hehehe prolli kingswood i suppose =_="

s1mplykat

HSC
aznangel1314 said:
Oo i also got that offer, and have decided to take it too... do u have ne idea when b design (v c) starts?? issert 26 feb?? just want to make sure...^_^ coz i dun even noe which campus in penrith to go to hehehe prolli kingswood i suppose =_="
our orientation is on the 22nd Feb. although our Academic Advisory day was at kingswood campus, all our classes plus orientation is on the Werrington South site on Penrith campus.

so yeah, if you plan to travel via train to the campus site then you catch it to kingswood station and then there should be a shuttle bus that brings you to werrington south.

see you on orientation! (not like i'll know who u are, but allwell)

aznangel1314

HSC
you are a life saver hahaha^_^
look forward in meeting ya

s1mplykat said:
our orientation is on the 22nd Feb. although our Academic Advisory day was at kingswood campus, all our classes plus orientation is on the Werrington South site on Penrith campus.

so yeah, if you plan to travel via train to the campus site then you catch it to kingswood station and then there should be a shuttle bus that brings you to werrington south.

see you on orientation! (not like i'll know who u are, but allwell)

darkmiracles

HSC
i just registered for my tutorials.
got pretty much what i wanted so that's awesome.
yay i only need to go to uni tues & weds!

Guy_0

HSC
done a year of design at uws. it sucks. The only good unit is digital design productions where u learn adobe programs and make a magazine prototype.
my advice... if ya wanna do design...transfer... do it somewhere else.

s1mplykat

HSC
Guy_0 said:
done a year of design at uws. it sucks. The only good unit is digital design productions where u learn adobe programs and make a magazine prototype.

hmm, very straight forward indeed.. kinda got us newbie design (vis com) ppl down tho..

msh

HSC
Guy_0 said:
I second this :)
that's why im trying out for UTS design AGAIN for the second time since i got rejected like many other UWS vis commers :( :(grrrrr:burn: :burn: (I'm not the only one either, i saw so many fellow UWS vis commers at the interview day for UTS)
it's so hard to transfer dammit!

Last edited:

s1mplykat

HSC
wow. it sure has been a while since i've posted anything....

i've now completed my 1st semester at UWS and i can honestly say, its not as bad as u guys made it out to be. i actually like the structure of the course, the place as well as all the people i've met, and this is coming from somebody who has to commute 2hours to get to uni...
*shrugs*

s1mplykat

HSC
okay. so a year has passed and the travel got to me.
i'm transfering this year to a course that i've wanted since i was in highschool, but i do still believe that B Design (vis comm) @UWS is a good course, with a great crowd of people.

Northie

HSC
hey does B design (cisual comm) have exams?
and if so do they have any during the june 17th to 28th exam block?
and if they don't do we start holidays on June 17th?
just need to know as i'm planning to go overseas

Crizzy

HSC
I forgot all about the Academic Advisory day for visual communication so did i missed out on anything?
Also i tried making my timetable for letcures and tutorials but for some reason i couldn't... under places left it said N/A.
Does that mean there's no spaces left?

s1mplykat

HSC
Northie said:
hey does B design (cisual comm) have exams?
and if so do they have any during the june 17th to 28th exam block?
and if they don't do we start holidays on June 17th?
just need to know as i'm planning to go overseas
Nope. No exams, marks are all assessment based.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Crizzy said:
I forgot all about the Academic Advisory day for visual communication so did i missed out on anything?
Also i tried making my timetable for letcures and tutorials but for some reason i couldn't... under places left it said N/A.
Does that mean there's no spaces left?

I hope you've registered your tutes by now.
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

Muchi

HSC
no tests, i was just considering that course, if theres gonna be no exams whys there all this theory about communication theories etc...pftt

Jack-Package

HSC
hey uhmm just wondering since first years all of us are doing the same subjects and such anyways would it be possible for me to change my major cause i chose adveritising but i think media arts is the one for me... im a first year here so either way it'd be no big because id have done the same thing as everyone else thats doing bachelor of comm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)