Back-to-back tutorials - good or bad? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Hey guys,
With my timetable I have two tutorials backtoback, and i was wondering if it's a bad thing or not. (ie. one after the other)
Apparently we can have tests/quizes in the tutorials, and if it was one after the other with no breaks I think I might have issues :(

Is this true? I asked my uni friend and he said to check the exam schedule for the uni, but I can't really find it anywhere... (this is for B Comm btw)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Um the course outline will tell you when mid sems and class quizes are. No course outline has been released yet as it is not finalised yet.

In first years, most assessments are in your tutorials. Which courses do you have back to back?

If you are well prepared it's not that bad as the exams/quizes are 30-45 mins. The Final exam is done during an exam period like the HSC so that won't matter. It's only the class quizes and mid sem that you need to worry.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's unlikely that you'll have quizzes back to back, and even if you do, it's really not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

kennyb22

HSC
Well two back to back tutorials shouldn't too much of a problem,
I've got 4 tuts back to back on thursdays heh...

D94

HSC
N/A
This is the case with many engineering student timetables, usually with 2-3 tutorials/labs back to back. With the amount of spare time in your timetable, surely you won't need to cram between the tests/quizzes...(if you need to, maybe look at your study approach, not your timetabling). If you had 25 hours, I could sympathise with your concerns, but with ~12 hours, come on now.

(basically saying, it won't be an issue)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This is the case with many engineering student timetables, usually with 2-3 tutorials/labs back to back. With the amount of spare time in your timetable, surely you won't need to cram between the tests/quizzes...(if you need to, maybe look at your study approach, not your timetabling). If you had 25 hours, I could sympathise with your concerns, but with ~12 hours, come on now.

(basically saying, it won't be an issue)
Even with 25+ hours, back-to-back tutes aren't really an issue (if anything, they're inevitable).

Rawf

HSC
Um the course outline will tell you when mid sems and class quizes are. No course outline has been released yet as it is not finalised yet.

In first years, most assessments are in your tutorials. Which courses do you have back to back?

If you are well prepared it's not that bad as the exams/quizes are 30-45 mins. The Final exam is done during an exam period like the HSC so that won't matter. It's only the class quizes and mid sem that you need to worry.
My tutorials which are backtoback are acct1501 and econ1101.

I'm able to move the econ1101 tutorial 1 hour later though. Should I do it?

When it comes to doing 2 tests on the same day in general, I become a nut and mess everything up x_o so I think having atleast 1 hour extra would do me good.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad

When it comes to doing 2 tests on the same day in general, I become a nut and mess everything up x_o so I think having atleast 1 hour extra would do me good.
If you feel that it's better for you that way, then do it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

No. You'll be fine. Stop worrying about something that isn't a problem.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

acct1501 only has like 1 in tutorial test so you probably won't get back to back exams

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
my only issues with having two tutes back to back is that if I have a question about anything and need to talk to the tutor, that will make me late for the following tue. which is bad (duh).

SunnyScience

HSC
Will your tutor mind if you are somewhat late to their tutorial, because you just finished your last tutorial on the other side of campus?

D94

HSC
N/A
Will your tutor mind if you are somewhat late to their tutorial, because you just finished your last tutorial on the other side of campus?
Some tutors do care. Some don't care if you rock up 20 minutes late. If the tutorial has class discussion, it's best if you are on time - having a class on the other side of campus isn't really a valid excuse, unless that situation was forced upon you and every student.

SunnyScience

HSC
Some tutors do care. Some don't care if you rock up 20 minutes late. If the tutorial has class discussion, it's best if you are on time - having a class on the other side of campus isn't really a valid excuse, unless that situation was forced upon you and every student.
What do I do then? :/

Rawf

HSC
Ahh I've decided to move my second tut 1 hour later. As Blue Suede stated about the question asking, I always ask like a billion questions so I guess it'd be better for me.

The only downside is that i finish uni at 5 now instead of 4, but that's still alright :p

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ahh I've decided to move my second tut 1 hour later. As Blue Suede stated about the question asking, I always ask like a billion questions so I guess it'd be better for me.

The only downside is that i finish uni at 5 now instead of 4, but that's still alright :p
I think you'll find it a waste, but as long as you're happy.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What do I do then? :/
Reschedule your class. Or walk faster.

Leaving early from a tute... doesn't look good to me - I wouldn't do it, but if you're not the type that cares - go for it.

a19901213

HSC
To be honest back to back tutorial really isn't a issue. As long as class rooms aren't separate from one end of upper campus and lower campus, you should find it fine.

Normally tutor finishes class 5~10 mins before the schedule time, and starts class 5~10mins late behind the schedule time. And even you are few mins late, they normally don't care. (however some do)

I wouldn't leave a 1hr gap between two tutorials when you can go back home early, I find that a waste, especially 5pm is probably busiest traffic time, it gonna take you more time to get on a bus, more time on the road, and a exhausted body.

But if you feel this way is better for you, there won't be any big issues either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)