• Happy 20 YEARS to us!

bad internal ranks, good hsc results? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Many students get caught up on the trials rather than focusing on the bigger picture, the HSC. Remember, the trials are trial runs of the HSC designed to assess your weaknesses. This means if you do good or bad in them, evaluate why that happened as there will always be room to improve. For example, whether that be a lack of study, failure to hone in on a specific topic or working on exam technique, use the trials to do well in the HSC. If you do not perform well, you can work on those weaknesses to ace the HSC. However, this does not work the other way around. Performing well in the trials and badly in the HSC will not yield a high ATAR. If your school rank is high, top 50 I would say, getting 95 should be possible. Nevertheless, use the trials wisely.
My school is currently 69th in the HSC (no, really) and I've got averages of around 50% and rank low in many of my subjects and haven't really studied for trials. What do you believe the is the best ATAR range I could achieve?

Nikolerak

HSC
Does the course you want to get in actually require 99 ATAR or selection rank? I got into a 99+ selection rank course with an ATAR of 92.60, because my uni is very generous with additional points for achieving band 5 and 6 as well as location points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)