Band 6 and 5 Raw Mark - Standard English (1 Viewer)

Pete15551

HSC
N/A
Hey guys!

What do you reckon the raw mark for Band 6 and Band 5 will be for standard English this year. Just curious, as I think I might sneak in a band 5 :).

Cheers, and happy studying.

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
90+/105 for b6
75+/105 for b5 (not sure about this)

walshy12238

HSC
90+/105 for b6
75+/105 for b5 (not sure about this)
Are you sure about the b6 one? I got 95/105 in the trial and I'm super confident with how the HSC exam went, could I be expecting a b6? Or would I likely be falling into a b5?

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Are you sure about the b6 one? I got 95/105 in the trial and I'm super confident with how the HSC exam went, could I be expecting a b6? Or would I likely be falling into a b5?
95/105 should be Band 6 even after aligning but you would also need to rely on your cohort not dragging your moderated HSC mark too low (your rank is 2/39 so you shouldn't feel too much of an effect). Also iirc, someone from my school state ranked last year with a HSC mark of 94 so you might not be far off if you get 95+/105

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
HSC marking is different to trials, don't compare it too much.

Only 0.15% of the state get a b6 for standard, because you're 2nd it would be VERY unlikely unless 1st place managed to get a fairly high mark as well that didn't pull your internal mark down.

walshy12238

HSC
HSC marking is different to trials, don't compare it too much.

Only 0.15% of the state get a b6 for standard, because you're 2nd it would be VERY unlikely unless 1st place managed to get a fairly high mark as well that didn't pull your internal mark down.
Rank 1 only lost something like 5 marks all year including the trial haha.

Also, our trials were marked by HSC markers, who made sure it was to that standard of marking. Would it still be different?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Rank 1 only lost something like 5 marks all year including the trial haha.

Also, our trials were marked by HSC markers, who made sure it was to that standard of marking. Would it still be different?
Even if they're hsc markers you can't be 100% sure. When they mark they do a pilot mark and set the guidelines for each mark, so even hsc markers have slightly different ranges (obviously, they're only human).

It's promising if they did mark to hsc level, and get confidence from that, but don't be 100% sure your trial raw mark will be the same as your hsc raw mark, it's impossible to be certain.

Well done though, that's a dam solid mark. You should've done advanced instead, if you're capable of a b6 in standard i think a b6 in advanced would be very possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)