Band 6 Cut-off estimations? (1 Viewer)

MiPh

HSC
^^ Without going into too much detail about the exam answers (last exam, who would actually want to go through it?), but what are people predicting the band 6 cut off will be around for this exam?

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
it was relatively easier than the previous papers.
the only impossible question was the mercury fish one. others were pretty straighforward.
expect a rise in state averages as it was also the last exam for many people
l'm guesstimating band 6 would be around 80
band 5 would be around 72

crazy_paki123

HSC
it was relatively easier than the previous papers.
the only impossible question was the mercury fish one. others were pretty straighforward.
expect a rise in state averages as it was also the last exam for many people
l'm guesstimating band 6 would be around 80
band 5 would be around 72
You are crazy, it was not hard but it was not easy either. The b6 cutoff should be around that 70-75 mark again

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
You are crazy, it was not hard but it was not easy either. The b6 cutoff should be around that 70-75 mark again
dude have you seen the other past papers?
this was easy as shit.
l'll probably only get about 65 raw but that's way more than what l would have hoped for.

crazy_paki123

HSC
the MC was pre hard, the fish question was fked, the electrochemical cell (6marks) question was weird, there were lots of dodgy stuff, the atmospher q i only knew the troposphere ans stratosphere where i think there are a couple of more layers, so yeahh, i think itll be 70-75 like any other year.

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
the MC was pre hard, the fish question was fked, the electrochemical cell (6marks) question was weird, there were lots of dodgy stuff, the atmospher q i only knew the troposphere ans stratosphere where i think there are a couple of more layers, so yeahh, i think itll be 70-75 like any other year.
wtf?
all you had to do was talk about the mercury cell and say it fucks up fish. (FROM THE PREVIOUS QUESTION)
all you had to write down was trophosphere, stratos, mesos, exos. you had to say SO2 was from volcanoes and smelting iron and NOx's were from combustion engines.
other papers asked shit on fertilisers and EDTA acids and shit

crazy_paki123

HSC
wtf?
all you had to do was talk about the mercury cell and say it fucks up fish. (FROM THE PREVIOUS QUESTION)
all you had to write down was trophosphere, stratos, mesos, exos. you had to say SO2 was from volcanoes and smelting iron and NOx's were from combustion engines.
other papers asked shit on fertilisers and EDTA acids and shit
haha im not saying that you or I got those questioins wrong, im saying out of 9000 people alot of people may have made silly mistakes or didnt know how to do them. a guy from my school left an hour early for example, dont think he gave a shit about the exam

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
haha im not saying that you or I got those questioins wrong, im saying out of 9000 people alot of people may have made silly mistakes or didnt know how to do them. a guy from my school left an hour early for example, dont think he gave a shit about the exam
l know, but seriously -.-
it's true that lots of other people wouldn't have got some parts of this, but that happens every year. this year, the questions were quite straightforward. which is why the cut offs will go up.

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
cutoffs have barely deviated at all since the hsc started, what makes you think this year will be any different? You probs found it easier due to being more prepped than when you were doing practice papers...

habitres

HSC
Do you guys reckon it was OK to put CFC's such as CF3Cl for pollutants in the stratosphere?
Eg using Cl* free radicals etc.

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you guys reckon it was OK to put CFC's such as CF3Cl for pollutants in the stratosphere?
Eg using Cl* free radicals etc.
it does not pollute the atmosphere. it just destroys the ozone layer.
it's not a pollutant.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
it's not a pollutant.
A pollutant is any chemical in excess that has adverse implications on the environment. I could be wrong, but I think it's okay to use CFCs as an example.

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
it's not a pollutant.
"A pollutant is substance or energy introduced into the environment that has undesired effects, or adversely affects the usefulness of a resource."

I think its ok...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)