physics
general math
standard english?

Thanks in advance.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Simple answer for 2013 is - we don't know. That will be determined by the aligning panel AFTER the HSC exam. In all likelihood it will be similar to past years but it could go up a bit or down a bit depending on the exam and the opinions of the judging team on what the marks should be for each question to reach that band.

moocow920

HSC
Obviously 90+ HSC mark is a Band 6 for all normal 2 unit subjects, the thing we don't know is what raw mark will translate to that. I don't have the link but search this site for the raw mark database and that could give you a rough idea of some data. However remember that its not only your exam mark that gives your final HSC mark so you need good internal mark as well.

Overall, as cem said it really depends on the exam and cohort this year but the raw mark database could give you some sort of guide

braintic

HSC
N/A
I can give you rough percentile cutoffs.

Chemistry: 90
Biology: 93
Physics: 92
General MathS: 92
Standard English: 99

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, look at raw mark db.

I can give you rough percentile cutoffs.

Chemistry: 90
Biology: 93
Physics: 92
General MathS: 92
Standard English: 99
lol. thats not right. general maths scales as well as physics and better than bio? Im sure everyone would be flocking to do general maths.

braintic

HSC
N/A
OP, look at raw mark db.

lol. thats not right. general maths scales as well as physics and better than bio? Im sure everyone would be flocking to do general maths.
These are BAND cutoff percentiles - they have nothing to do with scaling.
For general maths, it is the 92nd percentile out of a much lower quality candidature.
And there is a huge difference in the subsequent scaling between General Maths and Physics. Come on, you know how it works.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
For general maths, it is the 92nd percentile out of a much lower quality candidature.
And there is a huge difference in the subsequent scaling between General Maths and Physics. Come on, you know how it works.
Lol I thought u meant raw marks:p

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello guys.

What is the cut off in order to make a band 6 for the following subjects:
chemistry
biology
physics
general math
standard english?

Thanks in advance.
Changes

but roughly:

Chemistry - 71/100
Biology - 79/100
Physics - 74/100
General maths - 82/100
English - 90/100

ntl

HSC
If i got 73 ish for my total internal mark for biology with rank of 26/74. And if i end up getting around 73 raw mark for hsc, would i be able to get a band 5?

HSC
i looked at the database:
chemistry: 72
biology: 79
physics: 76
general: lower than 89 should just make the cut off from what database says as 89 aligns to 95 :)
std english: database doesnt indicate, but the 99 seems close enough, i have heard only a thousand get a band 6.

This is what i have found on the database, which i can link you to if you want :) but im confused how you got those marks?

thanks

HSC
lol just saw your reply i thought that was raw marks too :L

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
general: lower than 89 should just make the cut off from what database says as 89 aligns to 95 :)
std english: database doesnt indicate, but the 99 seems close enough, i have heard only a thousand get a band 6.

This is what i have found on the database, which i can link you to if you want :) but im confused how you got those marks?

thanks
Since the BOS has made it easier for students to get their raw marks some have done so and published those raw marks and the aligned mark from which it has been possible to determine a number of cut-offs in some years.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

thanks
The database you've seen is probably outdate.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/shrs16yb91v95sc/Raw_Marks_v3_Raw_Mark_Data(2).pdf

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Just curious would band 5 cut-off for Standard English be around 75?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)