Band 6 Cutoff for Eng Adv this year? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Well, since a lot of people seemed to find the english exams easy this year, I reckon it would be close to 85s.
Depends on texts ofc, maybe a bit lower this year for speeches because Deane and the Mod C question (imo) will be answered much better by History and Memory so probably a little lower for Conflicting Perspectives. But yeah, low-mid 80s probably.

photastic

HSC
Depends on texts ofc, maybe a bit lower this year for speeches because Deane and the Mod C question (imo) will be answered much better by History and Memory so probably a little lower for Conflicting Perspectives. But yeah, low-mid 80s probably.
Nah, both are equally hard but it all depends who's marking it.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Nah, both are equally hard but it all depends who's marking it.
If the mean result of say the Kelly Gang or something is 14 and it's 11 for Julius Caesar they moderate so that the means match up (I'm pretty sure, might be wrong here)

photastic

HSC
If the mean result of say the Kelly Gang or something is 14 and it's 11 for Julius Caesar they moderate so that the means match up (I'm pretty sure, might be wrong here)
Don't they compare it to paper 1 as well? They probs would align JC in your scenario.

Ncm

HSC
any ideas on a band 6 cutoff for f/br, gwen harwood, jc modules?

iStudent

HSC
I think b6 cutoff will be lower for Mod b (they specified scenes + texts) all round compared to last year. I'd say the rest are relatively the same as before. Cutoff should be lower in s1 belonging because of the 6 marker. Given that cutoffs rise steadily each year (right? or..). The overall cutoff prob will be around the same or lower than last year's since this year was overall a harder paper?
Probably a bit higher than 2012 or 2011.
What I think

IR

HSC
I think b6 cutoff will be lower for Mod b (they specified scenes + texts) all round compared to last year. I'd say the rest are relatively the same as before. Cutoff should be lower in s1 belonging because of the 6 marker. Given that cutoffs rise steadily each year (right? or..). The overall cutoff prob will be around the same or lower than last year's since this year was overall a harder paper?
Probably a bit higher than 2012 or 2011.
What I think
Yes, Harwood was quite difficult because there is a certain requirement to use the extract and people who didn't would go lower. Frankenstein: people found it hard this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)