Band 6 cutoff (1 Viewer)

HSC
im hoping about 87 is band 6...pretty sure i can get that (read= praying that i can get that)

jj.oc

HSC
the extended response section and the crime section were both harder than any other year that i have looked at, especially crime. multiple choice wasnt as bad as last year, still hard though. Im thinking 85 will be the cut off??

absorber

HSC
Maybe low 80s. The exam wasn't that easy, even if it wasn't impossibly hard, and as legal scales so poorly my guess is it aligns pretty well; that is, if how it 'scales' is compared to the aligned mark.

TunaFish

HSC
I went to see the legal teachers at my school today and both of them thought it was a really easy paper... and one of them is a HSC marker. So I'm guessing this year = lower cutoff than others.

Shit :mad1:

I thought.. band 4 = 70+, band 5 = 80+, band 6 = 90+..etc
That is true. But only after the aligning process, where the Board of Studies determines what the lowest raw mark will be for a band 6, 5,4 etc based on how good/bad the rest of the state went.
If it was a hard exam and we all did terrible, the cut off is lowered. The opposite is true for an easy exam.

HSC
I went to see the legal teachers at my school today and both of them thought it was a really easy paper... and one of them is a HSC marker. So I'm guessing this year = lower cutoff than others.

Shit :mad1:

I don't think our teacher considered it insanely easy but not sure. It depends on the students anyway, so whilst we all can't get band 6es, it probably won't significantly different to any other year I think. Try not to freak out too much. Your relative position to other students in the cohort would be roughly the same.

I'd uneducatedly guess band 6 cutoffs to be around mid 80s.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
my guess is low to mid 80s. I dont think there'd be enough people getting 90s so as to fill enough band 6 spots if the cutoff was any higher

yeah_boy

HSC
My legal teacher is a marker and he went through the paper with us and he kept saying how all the questions were "gifts!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)