Band 6 (1 Viewer)

jngu88

HSC
What raw school marks should i be aiming for if i want a Band 6?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Achieving an HSC mark (final mark) in the band 6/E4 range works slightly differently from what your question suggests. While completing your school-based assessment tasks/exams across your subjects will result in marks that reflect your performance in each of those tasks, those marks will not be used to determine your chances of achieving a band 6/E4. Instead, your ranks relative to your cohort in your respective subjects constitute an essential element that will be used in determining your Assessment Mark (which is the mark that reflects your overall performance in your school-based assessment tasks/exams and contributes 50% of your HSC mark in a particular subject), the other element being Examination Marks, i.e. HSC exam marks achieved by students in your cohort.

Generally speaking, the best way to maximise your chances of achieving a band 6/E4 as you complete your internal assessment tasks/exams is to rank as high as possible in the subject in question (or multiple subjects, if your aim is to achieve multiple band 6's/E4's). Of course, doing so requires that you achieve the highest possible marks in said tasks.

Raw marks become more relevant with respect to the Examination Mark (being the mark that contributes the remaining 50% of your HSC mark in a particular subject). Raw marks achieved in HSC exams are aligned, resulting in Examination Marks. It is important to note that different subjects are likely to require different raw marks that will ultimately lead to a band 6/E4, which is why you should have a look at https://rawmarks.info/, which lists raw mark and aligned mark information from past HSC students in various subjects.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)