bargain hunting (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Well, given we're pretty much all poor students here, I'm interested to know some of your bargain hunting tips

...so, share away!

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay

birken head point, dfo, 2nd floor haymarket and 3floor glasson building in pitt st mall for factories outlet
the quick brown fox in midcity centre is currently on sale, devine semi boho knitted jumpers n skirts, amazingly nice n practical bags and flat shoes!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
myer sales
portmans sales (and their discount tables with $20 off knits!!!)
sportsgirl sales

but im over sales...i always end up buying crap....so now i hust buy what i wanna
having a full time job always helps

tempco

HSC
i love myer sales. :uhhuh:

might check out birken head point some time soon.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
having worked in retail now for a while, i hate sales and can NEVER buy stuff on sale. it just makes me think its all ugly and old and gross stock. ... which it usually is. anyways yeah, i dont believe so much in bargain hunting but a correct and proportionate investment of money... spending 200 on the perfect pair of jeans can make any 3 dollar top look fantastic. if you wear the 3 dollar top and 10 pants, you just look like trash

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Supre hardly have sales.. i wish moite!~ -____-"
some of the clothes there don't have to cost that much seriously, some materials are crap especially some tops. But i still like Supre. ^^"

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
i love myer sales. :uhhuh:

might check out birken head point some time soon.
dont check out birken head piont its a waste of valuable time

i like sportsgirl and diva for jewlery but dont expect diva stuff to last more than a month everything ive bought from there has broken but i keep goin back ther cuz its cheap.

for clothes i just shop around lookin 4 bargins (so much fun) get sum good bargins from bloch, just jeans and jeans west as well as myer and dj's

ice is a good alternative to supre

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i totally agree with spinspin, i'd rather spend more on the basic clothes that will flatter me and i know i'll get a lot of wear out of, rather than to just snag the bargains just for the hell of it, ofcourse, snagging a bargain pair of jeans with a nice style that will flatter you is always GREAT but that hardly ever happens. I find that it saves me money to pay more for an item thats better quality and looks great and i can wear all the time than to wear bargain stuff which i'll have to throw out in a month or two.

Lennie

HSC and spinspin are right. always go for known brands. sales can be good, but you need to keep a lookout for factory outlet sales. admittedly, 90% of stuff there is shocking, but sometimes you find something that you love to death.
although its been said; MYER.
every so often they have 75% off sales (75% off the MARKED price) :uhhuh: These are the best sales to be at, (if you can handle the craziness of violent shoppers). at their last sale, i bought a pair of levis, perfect fit, for $13 :D and lee riders for $10. very happy :uhhuh:
Alternatively, do what i did, and aim for a job at your favourite store; not only do you get a staff discount, but get first choices at the sale items :D
Oh, and if you have enough patience, op-shops are always good. :)

Lennie

nekkid said:
um, excuse me?

75%?

/me faints.

The MARKED price ;)
Its great, the levis were originally about $150, reduced to around $90, and i got 75% off that! i couldnt believe it. i had to stare at the reciept for 10 minutes to comprehend it.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
birken head has actually been told that they can't be an outlet centre anymore. Thus, you won't be finding discounts there! The management reckon its not catering for the prestigeness of the area (its drummoyne), so now it's just going to be called Birken Head Point, and all the stores can't have massive discounts anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)