HSC
Uni Grad
me
well...I took a break during yr12..
but I played for school for 3 years - we ruled the Northern Beaches

big_will08

ME!!!
hehe
bball has been a part of my life since i was like 5yo!

ive played club and school bball since i was in year 6!

flyin', dont get down on yourself! i captained my team last year and im only 5'6'!!!
height isnt everything; if you can crossover, use your quickness and have a fantastic shot like me...you cant go wrong!

Originally posted by flyin'
not tall enough ... :(
yeh, neither am i.Im like 5'7 and get rejected every time!

Originally posted by big_will08
ME!!!
hehe
bball has been a part of my life since i was like 5yo!

ive played club and school bball since i was in year 6!

flyin', dont get down on yourself! i captained my team last year and im only 5'6'!!!
height isnt everything; if you can crossover, use your quickness and have a fantastic shot like me...you cant go wrong!
yeh, pace is something the taller guys don't have but small guys are often crap shooters.I still won a medal in 99 for my smallness though.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I started playing this season. My whole team apart from me is like 5'6 actually. Most of out oppostion has been like all 5'10+, but we've matched it with them. It's been a mad season so far. Only wish I had started playing in year 7.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Orange Juice
minai what school you go to?
Manly High
I meant we ruled the gov't high school comp. for 3 yrs on the northern beaches.
oh and last year we lost to Terrigal in the final of the Metropolitan North knockout bball..

big_will08

i reckon the problem about small guards is the fact that the offense isnt run through them!

i know my coach is very narrowminded about offense and only runs the offense through the 6'6 year 9 kid who plays center!!
he is really good tho..but somehow he has to PLEASE the guards!

last year i just didnt have many shot opportunities with an avg of 4 shots per game! :(

AcCeSs-DeNieD

I also play basketball....well I used to.... I stopped playing u21s in yr 11 and took up tennis.... pretty big change but I liked it since I was kinda sick of b-ball after playing it for 6-7 yrs =)
I'm only 6" but I'm quick on my feet and can jump pretty high..... 11.29s (100m) and 182cm high jump...
I used to play small forward or point guard since I was only 6" =P

RIZAL

HSC
I second that, Pretz would whip all yo asses. He could play in the NBL if he wanted but he's going to uni instead.

Pretz

oh stop, you're embarrassing me.

or you could keep going. i mean, people are interested in amazing talents like mine. so yeah, for their sakes perhaps you should go on. that time i single-handedly won a championship might be an interesting place to start.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm i played alot in high school but we never won anything because for some reason we couldnt produce a decent centre or power foward, so we got fucked over on offensive rebounds. i usuallly play sg or sf, lack the height for sf but i can jump a fair bit. im quick for my size too so thats alright. i hope to play more at uni (uts)

Pretz

sweet, i'll probably get to play against you then. just remember, when i'm coming down the lane, don't get in my way because i'll just jump over you, and then you'll feel really bad for getting dunked on. and i don't like making people feel bad.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Pretz
oh stop, you're embarrassing me.

or you could keep going. i mean, people are interested in amazing talents like mine. so yeah, for their sakes perhaps you should go on. that time i single-handedly won a championship might be an interesting place to start.
jus coz ur a Tracy mcgrady type player - bringing the offence into ur own hands n all...!

RIZAL

HSC
yeah UTS basketball team better watch out for USYD with Pretz on it. I once saw Pretz 180 dunk from 1 ft in front of the free throw line and draw a defensive foul. Ended up being a three point play and it won the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)