BBC (Applied Finance) / B Law (1 Viewer)

niknik610

HSC
I am about to transfer to this course.
Anyone doing the above course?? How is it like?? Hard, easy, boring?
How is the Business + Law faculty in UWS??

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I'm currently doing the BBC (Human Resources & Industrial Relations)/B Law.
It's an ok course... THe BBC has been pretty disappointing, I haven't really felt engaged, the class sizes are pretty huge (>30 people in each tute).
But the Law side is pretty good.
:)
Good luck & happy to have you on board as a Bos UWSer.

niknik610

HSC
Thanks wixxy2348
How long have you been in the course now? I would like to know more about the law side..
are there courses where you learn more practical stuff? so less on theory & readings...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I've just finished my first semester.
The advocacy units later on (4th and 5th year mostly) allows you to do more practical work.
First year has been very reading and theory heavy.

Lara1986

HSC
As far as the law course - even first year is not all theory, at least in the past.

Although 'skills' are now in separate units, you still do assessments that involve practical work. Eg moots, client letters of advice

First semester is pretty ordinary due to Intro to Law - i found that subject very uninteresting. It's useful for later, but not the most exciting. Law Foundations (although it depends on your teacher) is more interesting, although theory based.

Second year onwards is a lot better as you move on from the purely theory units.

Wixxy - i did/am doing the same degree. First semester of the HR/IR stuff was pretty uninteresting but it does get better. The teachers who have generally taken the units in 2nd and 3rd year and far more engaging as is the work. If you ever have the option to take the IR Strategy class taught by Louise Ingersoll take it - she is an excellent teacher. That said though the subject is pretty interesting irrespective. Meg Smith is another good teacher - in the past she has taught Negotiation, bargaining and advocacy and Remuneration Theory and Practice.

Also, as far as class sizes - if the day classes are packed you can always change to night classes. Sometimes they're smaller, not to mention the fact that people are often late or don't turn up so the class gets even smaller :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)