Belonging - Harry Potter (1 Viewer)

BlackFrost111

HSC
Hello Everyone,

I am really desperate here.

I have chosen to Do The First harry Potter Film for belonging and I am having alot of trouble.

I Need somebody to provide me with:

1. How The Movie Shows Belonging
2. how it relates to skrzynecki,
3.Techniques
4. Examples.

Could I also have the same For District 9
If anyone could help me this would be reall appreciated

thank you.

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Don't use Harry Potter. Don't use Twilight. Don't use Lord of the Rings. Don't use Naruto

zaqwerty

HSC
If you've had a lot of trouble trying to find some examples you should really pick a different text..

I'd assume it would be pretty easy to find examples in Harry Potter. What about the whole "everyone-knows-me-in-this-world-but-I've-only-been-introduced-to-it-now-and-I-don't-feel-like-I-belong" thing? Although that doesn't really last for long.

HSC
Uni Grad
Who gives a fuck what people use, use whatever ya want if it relates and you can get good shit out of it.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
OK how HP:pS shows belonging:

- Harry belonged in a loving family who were killed because they loved him so very much
- Harry is living in a family that he does not belong in because they are scared/jealous/embarrassed by his powers (or potential powers because his mother was a witch)
- Harry is living in a Muggle world in which he doesn't really belong because he has powers
- Harry is suddenly thrust into the Wizarding World in which he really belongs but doesn't feel like he belongs because it is so unfamiliar to him and yet everyone knows him and who he is
- Harry meets Hermione who doesn't belong either because both her parents are Muggles
- Harry meets Ron who also doesn't belong because 1. he's poor 2. his father loves Muggles and 3. his family don't believe in the superiority of pure wizarding blood
- Three misfits find they belong together and, in the end, find they are really the ones who belong in the Wizarding world
- At the end of the movie Ron or Hermione mentions they are going home and Harry says "Not really" because he realises that he belongs most of all at Hogwarts and that is really his home

Gosh I could go on.

Can't help with Skrynecki or the other things, but maybe that is a start you can work with.

Hello Everyone,

1. How The Movie Shows Belonging
2. how it relates to skrzynecki,
3.Techniques
4. Examples.

Could I also have the same For District 9
If anyone could help me this would be reall appreciated

thank you.

nevery

HSC
Harry Potter seems too commerical to use in English. A lot of English teachers recomend against using such texts. And if you're straining to make connections, that's not a good sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)