Belonging ideas/issues (1 Viewer)

Coookies

HSC
On my exam notification it says to "Discuss your understanding of the concept of Belonging and the ideas/issues associated with this concept", what does it mean by ideas/issues?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Think of it as the smaller parts that make up the overall concept of belonging. Things like community, isolation, group dynamics, status all feed into the concept of belonging. You just pick the ones that are relevant to your texts.

Coookies

HSC
Could you give me a sample thesis for not belonging?
Could it just be "A lack of relationships is the cause for alienation" (I know thats terrible but just an example)

Sidekickk

HSC
yeah that is a thesis, its not terrible at all, the more simple the better as it gives you a wider scope

Atar Hater

hardout gangsta
HSC
Yeah and with english it's foremost important to develop clarity in what you're ideas. Simpler thesises make this easier as opposed to complicated ones.

That said if you get a more complex and specific thesis, if you can explain your shit well and it relates then why not use it?

ShayK

HSC
Well, I'm guessing you would have to talk about the rubrics for belonging, which include belonging to -people, -places, -groups and communities, -to the larger world.

Last edited:

Sidekickk

HSC
Lol my practice thesis is like 3 lines long...
Example : a person’s sense of belonging is dependent on one’s cultural identity and through connections to place and people, feelings of acceptance or alienation are experienced.

its all thats needed really, otherwise i think you're wasting too much space.

Coookies

HSC
Example : a person’s sense of belonging is dependent on one’s cultural identity and through connections to place and people, feelings of acceptance or alienation are experienced.

its all thats needed really, otherwise i think you're wasting too much space.
Thats really good! Because mine didn't cover the ideas/issues. Thanks!

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Individuals who are ostracized and and alienated in society may struggle to develop a sense of belonging/identity/acceptance.

Coookies

HSC
Just a random question...

Can you say Various for 2 people or does it have to be more than 2?

D94

HSC
N/A
The main thing here is to have a personal definition of belonging and argue that. You can't just say "belonging" and assume everyone knows what your interpretation is. Once you've defined it, you can then relate it to different themes and ideas, which then can be related to the text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)