Bernstein and Bronski Or Inspector Rex (1 Viewer)

Kommisar Rex oder Bronski und Bernstein

• Bernstein und Bronski

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Kommisar Rex

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters

Peartie

HSC
Which German TV show is better?

Bernstein and Bronski is OK but I still say Inspector Rex is much better :p (mayb just becasue I'm used to it?) B and B is easier to understand due to it being hochdeutsch and all...

elisabeth

HSC
I still prefer Rex, but the older series with Tobias Moretti. Maybe it's cause I'm used to it and have only watched one episode of B&B, but I like the predictability. And I don't even notice their weird Austrian German much anymore :p

Peartie

HSC
Yea

the older series were better for Rex...

There was a crazy woman on the feedback line at SBS whos ringing up every week until October 6 (when they bring Rex back) and is singing the IR theme song!

Peartie

HSC
B&B is getting a bit better however it always ends the same- B&B getting yelled @ and then the cactus loving guy getting in the way of the boss....still KR was better.....the other german teacher @ my school said B&B was "Gay" (that was his word)...

elisabeth

HSC
I'm liking how it's less PG than KR... even if it is only them taking their shirts off all the time. :D

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
BWahah... its hilarious. i love both shows... i think Bronski and Bernstein seem pretty gay... i keep expecting them to hook up... they give each other some pretty suss look *grin*
You gotta love Rex tho... so funny!

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
I love Kommisar Rex, but omg I love Bronski und Bernstein even more now..
and I can't wait till Inspector Rex comes back on..but I don't want Bronski to go..

I used those shows as excuses for improving my horrendous german..but really i don't think I learn too much, especially from Rex, because thats like austrian german..hehehe
BUT it has pretty scenery
:D

elsi

HSC
well, i think i only even saw B&B once, but you have to admit Rex is pretty funny because it's soooo bad.
In the first bit of the show, he'll do something with his owner (I'm not very good with names, but I Have wathed this show heaps and heaps of times) like balance on a wall over a dam, or open a really hard to open door, just when they're playing around. Then, at the chase scene at the end he'll use it again and it will be the thing that catches the bad guy.
Also you really have to consider whether theres something more serious going on between rex and his man. There was even a running across the meadow scene into each others arms in one episode.
it's great comedy and good for my german as well - so lond as we cover up the subtitles with videos. :0)

})({

God's Country. Yes, that's right-the Shire
HSC
no way jose- Komissar Rex will always be my fav German show. my teacher is crazy about it so much that when we went to Germany last year we saw this Polizeibeamte with a German Shepherd and she asked him if we could take pics with him coz he looked like Rex haha
i still like Bernstein and Bronski but Rex will forever be in my heart, as in if they were my kids, and they asked me who i loved more, Rex would be the answer. or maybe im too honest hehe

chepas

HSC
})({ said:
i still like Bernstein and Bronski but Rex will forever be in my heart, as in if they were my kids, and they asked me who i loved more, Rex would be the answer. or maybe im too honest hehe
How can you answer a question like that about your children! :D

And woohoo about Hamburg. Mum and her family are from there and so we watch it for the scenery (whatever there is of it :S), anything else that happens, who cares! But it isn't a bad show. It reminds me of Water Rats for some reason.

Does anyone know if it's on DVD or video or something? Or is it ultra new and ultra not popular in Germany?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Kommissar Rex all the way! Although I must admit I've never watched Berstein and Bronski. I'd love to buy the DVD set of Rex, but only the ones with Brandtner, not the other ones. :p Brandtner is the coolest.

Also, I love Rex. He's so cute. It's because of Rex that I'm going to get a German Shepherd later. :p

elisabeth

HSC
No, no, no, Dream, you have to watch Bronski and Bernstein! Hoch Deutsch, less cliched plots, modern themes and might I mention two spunky young police officers... it's brilliant! It's on quite late (12:20... :() but well worth it, or at least taping it.

Seriously, I was the biggest Rex fan (albeit the ones with Tobias Moretti, old school, yeah) but B&B is a million times better and I wish they'd made more episodes!

elisabeth

HSC
Yes! Just wanted to bonk Bronski and get Guido outta there. <3 Anyway, I'm so gutted that it's ending so soon... definately my favourite show... love it!

elisabeth

HSC
Well, if we're not going by plot, I must say, I like the one where they go skinny dipping in the lake :D

I love the one "Freesien Kavalier" because it made me like the Robbie Williams song.

Dunno, I like them all, really! You?

elisabeth

HSC
NOOOOOOOOO!!! I missed the final episode! Was it good? Did you tape it? I will seriously pay for a copy of that tape, lol. Maybe a swap for the one of naked Bernstein, if I find it. :D That's a good episode

Everyone petition SBS to bring it back or at least play the final episode again... pls!

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
Yeah, Supreme. I'm loving it right now.

Carole is some model whose flat he lives in. not entirely sure why, since they don't seem to be dating, and he could certainly afford to rent something himself. ?

Ah well, maybe it's just as well that I didn't see it. But still, petition SBS anyway! And for a movie called Im Juli as well.

I've got to organise all my tapes, label them after the HSC... not looking forward to going through hundreds... but if I find it, I'll let you know. :)

Peartie

HSC
Just on a side note here...the reason that SBS isn't showing anymore is because it got axed in Germany so only 13 episodes were made.....They say next year (Aprilish) they will bring it back....

elisabeth

HSC
Peartie said:
Just on a side note here...the reason that SBS isn't showing anymore is because it got axed in Germany so only 13 episodes were made.....They say next year (Aprilish) they will bring it back....
Yeach, I knew that, but still, I'm all about the repeats... oh well, I'll actually be in Germany then, hopefully there'll be better shows there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)