Best course for Public Relations? (1 Viewer)

millyaslan95

HSC
Hi guys,
I am extremely interested in Public Relations and was wondering if there was any insight to which is the best course in a Sydney based area to try to get into.

I think the most specific ones are at UNSW (media in pr and advertising) and UTS (public communications), while Sydney has a broader media degree.

Would anyone know from experience or such for where they think the best place to study PR is?

Thanks! :)

enoilgam

HSC
Well, PR is an extremely difficult field to break into - I would say that it's less about your degree and more about the experience you can get whilst at uni. That being said, I think a Commerce degree with PR as a major would be the best option. Having a Commerce degree gives you a more practical insight into how businesses function and how PR ties in with overall organisational goals. But really it isnt a big deal, as I said, it's all about gaining experiences which can get your foot in the door of the industry.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
I think enoilgam is right with this one. I don't see those two courses to be as useful as it seems a bit too specific.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)