BEST SUBJECTS TO PICK FOR LAW (1 Viewer)

Allsaints2004

HSC
Is this a good subject list if I want to study law/arts after uni I am currently in year 10 and want to choose the best possible subjects

Religion 1 unit
Eng adv 2 unit
modern history 2 unit
business studies 2 unit
Economics 2 unit
Legal studies 2 unit
PDHPE 2 unit

ahri

HSC
Looks solid! Just remember law/arts is a high ATAR course so focus on what you believe you are good at to be able to maximise your ATAR and get into the course : ) As long as you enjoy your subjects and you are confident with your abilities, it looks like a very solid choice!

isaezra

HSC
Is this a good subject list if I want to study law/arts after uni I am currently in year 10 and want to choose the best possible subjects

Religion 1 unit
Eng adv 2 unit
modern history 2 unit
business studies 2 unit
Economics 2 unit
Legal studies 2 unit
PDHPE 2 unit
A lot of unis are starting to require advanced math (I know usyd and anu definitely are, I'm not sure who else, but I can guarantee that more will follow by the time you graduate), it'd also might help you with econ (I haven't taken it so I'm not totally sure, but it wouldn't hurt)

But other than that, pick whats interesting to you, not what you think will scale well. Not only are those subjects all really content heavy, but they're all very similar. I do mainly humanities and having math to break up my day is life saving. Its great to switch to something objective after making arguments all day lol

I've heard that legal studies doesn't help prepare you for law at all, and that it actually can make it a little harder since you have to unlearn some things rather than starting from scratch, but you should probably ask someone who does law for confirmation on that ahaha

If I were you, I'd drop one of your commerce subjects for math, and this is my own bias showing, but I'd also drop a second commerce for a science- I strongly recommend investigating, its not really a science, but its super interesting, "scales well", and will let you do extension science in year 12.

Also, ANU is the 2nd best school for law, and they do early unconditional offers based on year 11 results, if your school has historically gone well in the HSC (ranked top 50 maybe? I'm not too sure what they consider "well" but my schools in the 30s and I was vastly overestimated lmao) chances are they'll over estimate your ATAR, so definitely check that out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)