Best undergraduate degree for postgrad med? (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
BSc or Med Sci? what other degree is suitable specifically at Maq or USyd?

zizi2003_

HSC
None! Pick what you enjoy. Medsci is the worst 'premed' degree.
Is medsci considered the 'worst' solely because of the competitive cohort and/or because it has limited job prospects? why do universities promote med sci as an ideal pathway for medicine then

GrilledCheese

HSC
Something you enjoy, something that you can get good marks in and somthing that has job prospects if things fall through. What exactly that translates to for you is not something we can say. Personally I did engineering.

nzexperiment

HSC
To be fair, if everyone was studying as if they were studying for something like the gaokao or the Indian college entrance exams, 99.95 would be quite common given the syllabus.
atar is a ranking system, if everyone did well it still be the same 0.5% getting 99.95.

Last edited by a moderator:

dasfas

HSC
To be fair, if everyone was studying as if they were studying for something like the gaokao or the Indian college entrance exams, 99.95 would be quite common given the syllabus.
Not quite, ATAR is a rank, but I get what you mean. I think if that were the case, it would be to a great detriment. There's more to life than academic excellence. Prioritizing academics to that extent breeds an unhealthy competition, and neglects extracurriculars, which are very important in self-development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)