Bibliography question (1 Viewer)

mattknott

Obviously for our critical responses we need to include a bibliography but I was wondering whether it had to be annotated (i.e assess the souce, its usefulness and what it contributed to your work.) The syllabus doesn't say but some examples I have read do. What do you guys think?

Matt.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
nah...

you dont even need an actual bibliography let alone an annotated one. do one if you really want to but exerting your energy somewhere else would be better. markers dont even look at annotated bibliographies unless the validity of your research has come into question. i thought about an annotated bibliography but then decided just to do a normal one - i couldnt be bothered because all the annotations would end up sounding the same. if your bored and have nothing to do, go ahead. its not a necessity to have one, most people only do them to bulk up their major work. however, i do think that having a normal bibliography is a good idea - it makes your work look a little more academic.

to annotate or not? - that is your question...i say the markers dont give two shits if you do or if you dont include annotations.

but a normal bibliography is encouraged (although not a requirement).

thank god this is nearly over hey...

Last edited:

jaihson

HSC
We had to do an annotated one for our report, so I may just submit that one. But you're right, I think a normal one does look quite professional, and I'm sure a marker has better things to do than read through annotation (like reading your work for a second time perhaps).

HSC
N/A
Whoa, a bibliography - let alone an annotated one - isn't compulsary?

*has a bone to pick with her ee2 teachers*

But that being said, I'm still for annotation - if nothing else it proves you read the book. Otherwise you could just list texts...

mattknott

I doubt I'll do annotated but it does say in the syllabus (if subtly) that you need a bibiliography. Quote: 'The word limit includes the reflection statement but not a bibliography.'

I think in these times of plagarism paranoia it would be unwise not to have one.

Matt

Last edited:

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
annotated bibliographies are required in ur journal for the validity of your work according to my knowledge. As far as inclusion with the major work is concerned a normal bibliography will be more than ample :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)