Binding your MW? (1 Viewer)

jaihson

HSC
Feedback From The Marking Centre/ Frequently Asked Questions:

"How should the Major Work and Reflection Statement be presented?"

"Major work first and then reflection statement, they will be read in that order."

And the RS and MW are apart of the same body of work. When we went to a lecture they told us to never think of the major work as being 'the work', because thats only half the course. The reflection statement is integral to your final mark and you should always think of them as apart of the 'whole'.

Last edited:

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
OKAY. Just a note about Office Works now. It may be cheapish to get bound etc., but if you go there to get it printed as well (as I did) -- make a booking. I went to not one, not two, BUT FOUR different Office Works until I found one that had "time" to accomodate me and my MW/RS. It was a horror story in motion until someone said "yes of course, it will be just a few minutes take a look around and buy a pen"

I did them together, but clearly it doesn't REALLY matter. It isn't as if a marker is going to go "I hate the way they bound it/order of binding, 0/50 >:0 MWHAAHHA"

know_it_all

im gona go 2mro to officeworks to get it bound
there'll b a long queue full of fellow 4uniters at like 8.30pm!!
i was told 2day to have it bound separately..

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
you bind them separately, so they ensure you have all three pieces when they receive it. otherwise, it'll just look like you have two. they're not going to look inside your MW for your RS.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Is anyone not "binding" their MW's... by "binding", I assume you're all talking about the fancy plastic thing that puts a whole lot of punctures in your MW? Because no-one at my school has done it... I hope we aren't the odd ones out, though I hardly care!

OutOfOrder

HSC
im not binding it. just gunna hole punch it and stick it in a cheap plastic folder with the wire holder thingys.

too late to bind it.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I bound my major work today, but i'm not sure about my reflection statement, i might pop into the library tomorrow morning and get it done.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I bound my MW, RS, and Journal seperately. Looking pretty schmick, too. :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
we all bound our MW and RS separately.. it was so exciting when we got to choose what colour we wanted on the back. I think we all chose red.. YAY :)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I had a cream cover for mine, and a black back cover. Very cool.

On a side note, Muse rules. *sings for absolution*

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Logain said:
I had a cream cover for mine, and a black back cover. Very cool.

On a side note, Muse rules. *sings for absolution*
I KNOW! how amazingly excellent are they!!

you had a cream cover? mines a clear plastic one.. ooo so very pretty

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i bound RS and MW together, and used a clear plastic cover with a black thing on the back. and i used the wire ring binding thing, not the ugly plastic crap.

SamuelB

HSC
Im just gonna get it bound in the school library tomorrow morning. Better finish it first though... quick-smart!

HSC
N/A
Insanity said:
Hi, our teacher said that when handing in our MW, we have to make sure it's bound.

Originally I thought that stapling it and putting it in a folder would be okay, but my teacher said to do more than that?

So yeah ... just wondering if we have to bound our work, what should I do to 'bound' it or where do I go to get it 'bound'? (Does anybody know how much it costs to get your work bound?!)
we actually got a sheet this morning saying soemthing along the lines of "do not bind major works, staple them (once) and place in a plastic sleeve"

hmm .. i was gonna bind mine tomorrow morning *sniffle*

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
You try stapling 26 pages together. Not gonna happen. ;)

I bound mine today. I don't know what kind of binding you would call it, but it has lots of rectangular punctures in the left hand side, with little plastic rings going through them all and attached to a spine? Haha.

I'm just going to staple my RS and put it in a plastic sleeve though.

HSC
N/A
that's binding .. no other name (at least i dont think there is)
anyhow, my major was 38pages (cover page not included) but i managed to get it stapled together; well, i kinda cheated (the office ladies stapled it for me) lol

how do you think you went?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)