Bio Is Gay (1 Viewer)

NickyP

im shit at bio and really need help... i will be lucky to pass seriously... i know that there are smart ppl here and i really need to find a tutor or something...hopefully ill do good enough in re to forget bio but im scared... is it too late??

Hell no! It's not too late (well not for the hsc anywayz)
Bio is the easiest of the sciences (the ones that I do anyway-- chem and physics) because you don't necessarily have to understand everything to get the marks. All you need to do is remember alot of things. If you understand things and can explain it in extra detail, then that's fantastic-- but I really really don't see that as being vital.

And personally, I really don't see the point of having a tutor in biology..? I mean, it's kind of a subject where you have to teach yourself and practice question after question after question (and you realise the questions get so repetitive)...
Don't worry about it :) all you have to do is know the main ideas in the syllabus (it's long, yes, but interesting) and you'll be fine
Best of luck...

Jenn

YUP! pretty true... bio is the easiest science subject i do as well, its all about remembering...
religion has more stuff to remember than bio...

and i've never really heard of a bio tutor hehe:)

Mercurial

Its called the text book. And its a lot cheaper than a tutor as well.

Couldnt agree more with wat u guys r saying. I juz did the bio trials and the questions were so predictable. Staight out of the syllabus.

If u wanted to u can learn a topic a day. B completely HSC ready in a week and u still have 2 months to the HSC.

Jenn

exactly, nickyP what school do u go to, your teacher should give you last years trials (CSSA, IT, NEAP) to practice with..and then there is also this web site where ppl have posted them too

Enigma17

i agree 100% with the other guys (and gals).... biology is the easiest, as well as the crummiest of all science subjects. Its nothing like chemistry or physics where u have to apply some knowledge to work out answers to questions... its remember this, remember that and regurgitate the answer.. its so crap... i wish i hadnt chosen it...

and yeah... lol.. i haven;t heard of a biology tutor either... biology is one of those subjects where u just have to read and remember... nothing to complicated...

[Li]

Yeah biology is the easiest of the sciences..but in our school they have a subject called Senior Science which is just a revamp of all the junior sciences courses put together.

Well about bio, i agree with alot of the comments people made here. There is no knoweledge you can apply to solve questions it's all really based on how well you can recollect information.

Originally posted by [Li]
Yeah biology is the easiest of the sciences..but in our school they have a subject called Senior Science which is just a revamp of all the junior sciences courses put together.

Well about bio, i agree with alot of the comments people made here. There is no knoweledge you can apply to solve questions it's all really based on how well you can recollect information.
Hey, this might be slightly off topic, but I just wanted to ask, at your school, if you picked Senior Science are you allowed to pick any other science?
Because, where I go, if you did senior science, that was the only science you could do.

btw, Nicky, if you can get your hands on a copy of Excel Biology Core in a Month (it's a purple book-- and it's the briefest summary of the core topics (that won't even take a month to do). That could be a start for you, to get the main ideas down pat :)

NickyP

im screwed

yep i sure feel a lot better now that you have all said that it is the easiest thing ever.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH:confused: :confused: :( :( :eek: :eek:

Re: im screwed

Originally posted by NickyP
yep i sure feel a lot better now that you have all said that it is the easiest thing ever.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH:confused: :confused: :( :( :eek: :eek:
Hey come on! I'm trying to encourage you!
All I'm saying is that it's not too late-- if you're prepared to put in the work. If you're insistent that you're "screwed" then no one can help you-- you gotta help yourself first.
Seriously, take a deep breath, and approach it with a positive attitude (and a great big pot of coffee)

Keep telling yourself that it's easy and it really will come easily to you-- remember all you have to do is remember, not understand (already that saves you a whole heap time!)

NickyP

i think you do have to understand

i think you do have to understand i have learnt the syllabus but i still suck. :confused:

Re: i think you do have to understand

Originally posted by NickyP
i think you do have to understand i have learnt the syllabus but i still suck. :confused:
You have learnt the whole syllabus and you're still stuck??
This sounds to me that you need more practice with answering questions. Try making notes directly from questions-- past trials, papers, hsc whatever you can get your hands on. Ask your teacher for handouts, draw things if you're a visual person. You don't need to understand-- but perhaps it's your exam technique-- maybe you just can't apply what you know to the actual question.

[Li]

Originally posted by Mistress Lilith

Hey, this might be slightly off topic, but I just wanted to ask, at your school, if you picked Senior Science are you allowed to pick any other science?
Because, where I go, if you did senior science, that was the only science you could do.

btw, Nicky, if you can get your hands on a copy of Excel Biology Core in a Month (it's a purple book-- and it's the briefest summary of the core topics (that won't even take a month to do). That could be a start for you, to get the main ideas down pat :)
Well then..I'm no quite sure. But the people I know who do senior science don't do any other sciences. so I guess not. I'm not entirely sure but I think there is a limit to how many units of science you can do

chosen_one

4 uits of science max...
or 6 if you do extensions
you cant do senior science if you do another science our school told us in year 10 right before subject selection
tomoz i got my biology trial.. uhh yay i guess :p

Kezza

at my school you can do senior science and another science.
i do bio and senior science.
it may just be the schools choice i guess.
oh well. i have bio on friday!
at least i have a few more days to study.
goodluck everyone
:) :) :) :) :)

AiMz

HSC
I have bio on friday too....gerrrrrr goodluck to everyone whos doing it this friday!!!!

[Li]

Me too.I'm off until Friday ..hopefully I use my time well..Bio is on Friday..:(

NickyP

yay aimz!

we can only do senior as well or the others....
y m i the only shit person at bio?? is the trial hard? i think i m really screwed...i will have a look for that book i sure hope that it is a godie i need all the help i can get.. i have written notes and everything and i do prac papers and all that jazz but it just doesnt get into my head....:confused:

We're not allowed to do senior science with any other science... how crap-- I coulda done better in sen. science than in physics I'm sure...

Well, NickyP the only thing I can say to you now is goodluck! I really really hope you do okay in this test, give it your best shot, coz no one can ask you for anymore than that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)