Biology - molecules, cells and other boring crap... (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
r u finding it hard to keep your mind on track in the lectures? i cant help but want to go to sleep.

so how are you finding it? interesting or a complete bore?

aspect

well i dont do that but accounting and financial management hasnt been very interesting yet :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by aspect
well i dont do that but accounting and financial management hasnt been very interesting yet :)
lol i do microeconomics, and ive been tempted to sleep cos I learnt all the current concepts in yr11

aspect

i didnt do economics for the hsc because i didnt want to do the work then :)

i like microeconomics from the short preview we've seen in the first week

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
biology for medical students is the pits....

rough endoplasmic reticulum...golgi apparatus....vesicle and substrate...meh...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
heheh, well, I just don't see what it has to do with anything. And our lecturer(s) have been generally monotonic...

Last edited:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
This thread is starting to sound like bio :p plasmodesmata, symplastic loading, glomerulus, haemodialysis, aldosterone, enantiostasis, trypanosomiasis.....I have more :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Is this "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" a "Why am I up at 5.28am NOOOOOOOOO!!" or a "Week Four Regret/Cynicism NOOOOO!!!"? ;)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

Is this "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" a "Why am I up at 5.28am NOOOOOOOOO!!" or a "Week Four Regret/Cynicism NOOOOO!!!"? ;)
:p

I was hoping no-one'd notice 5:28am...

it's more an "I'm in denial because I spent all of high school avoiding biology and now suddenly I find myself faced with the bold task of dedicating my life to them"...the idea is daunting, but it still doens't make Biology less boring, or Anatomy less fascinating, for that matter...

kini mini

HSC

:p

I was hoping no-one'd notice 5:28am...
Bad luck for you that I have very little to do with my time...now that I'm experimenting with that great new invention, 28.8k over cable courtesy of Optus :p!

it's more an "I'm in denial because I spent all of high school avoiding biology and now suddenly I find myself faced with the bold task of dedicating my life to them"...the idea is daunting, but it still doens't make Biology less boring, or Anatomy less fascinating, for that matter...
I spent high school avoiding biology too :D. And I succeeded so well that I think I've now escaped it for life :p.

But accounting invariably creeps up on me three times a week and robs my mind of enthusiasm :p

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Heheheh...accounting...let the slogging begin!!! *checks that flyin' is nowhere in sight*

Funny how little we actually think in year 12 about the subjects we're actually going to be DOING in in our degree at uni...

kini mini

HSC
Heheheh...accounting...let the slogging begin!!! *checks that flyin' is nowhere in sight*

Funny how little we actually think in year 12 about the subjects we're actually going to be DOING in in our degree at uni...
No no...I was well warned about accounting. I went to CPA Australia's functions in year 11 and realised how bad it would be. One cadet told us "I really have to debunk the myth that accountants have no social life, we have a ball where all the accountants get together once a year !".

I knew it'd be bad...but a learning journal was totally unexpected :p.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
and to think I was contemplating majoring in Accounting...!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

I had it in the back of my mind ... some of the time!

*flyin' in sight* ...

Accounting?! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)