Biomed (1 Viewer)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
Applied for medicine at monash. But dont think I will get in
So considering biomed, then postgrad med at either monash or melbourne uni
Have no clue which to put as first preference, seeing as change of pref closes monday
Any help? Esp from student studying med or biomed, or others applying to the same

HSC
Go for Biomed!!!! If you do this subject properly then you will get into Med... heaps of my friend got in. A word of warning though - DO YOUR WORK ie study regularly, don't treat it as a joke (a lot of people do), go to lectures, go to tutes and participate in the activities.

You do not need to do UMAT (just GAMSAT) which I think is better since with GAMSAT you can learn the theory whereas UMAT is just annoying and IQ related lol.

After 3 yrs of Biomed you apply for GRADUATE medicine entry at monash (if you want monash) and you will get in .... its best to keep your Biomed marks over 80++ (better even 85).

With a bit of effort you can achieve this. Biomed is a lot different then VCE... in VCE the VCAA are very good at twisting questions around and making them stupid lol. In Biomed you just do recall - if you know the theory you will get an excellent mark in the subject.

If you need any more advice please just ask.
Hope that helped,
Izabella

PS; Monash biomed is way easier then Melbourne .... my friends in Melbourne suffered :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You can actually prepare for gamsat and graduate medicine alot better unlike undergrad med. Also graduate med has a different GPA criteria to entering udnergrad med.

Please see the graduate medicine thread.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
biomed is my second choice after undergrad med, but any tips on melbourne vs monash? in terms of course structure and the uni in general?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)